ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation.... need help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinodn
Newly Registered

Naturalisation.... need help

Post by vinodn » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:12 am

Hi guys
I came to uk on work permit in 1989, got my ILR last year in june. This year after 12 months i am planing to apply for naturalisation....
I am here for 5 yrs (4 on work permit + 1 after ILR ) , paid NI and Taxes for last 5 yrs, not been outside UK more than 30 days in last 5 yrs in total, evrything is looks very straight forward....
1) i just wanted to know is it ok to send form on my own or i do have to hire solicitor for that??
2) i will be applying naturalisation for my chiold and wife at the same time... what documents need to send...
i think 3 current and expired passports (with the first entry date), child's birth certificate, our marriage certificate.. what else i need to send... (p60 forms, letter from emlpoyer, letter from child school...please help...
3) any idea how much time it will take??
4) how can we prove 'being of sound mind'...and good character... (i am nor convicted for anything....)... please comment...
Maybe some just applied can explain me the basic and tricky rules...

Experts please help... Kayalami...where are you... you have been really great information source when i appiled for my ILR personnaly... i think this bb really helps to solve the problems...
take care

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:38 pm

Vinod,

Your application appears to be straightforward:

1) You don't need a solicitor unless you like to waste money. :roll:

2) The documents you mentioned (passports, birth certificate and marriage certificate) are adequate. You don't need to provide additional information (employer, school letters etc.) if you can provide your passports (or a copy certified by a solicitor). Of course, on the application form you will provide your NI number and your Tax Office information. They will check on this directly with the Inland Revenue.

3) The current processing time is 6.5 months as per their website. This is an average time. It could be less in your straightforward case.

4) The Sound Mind and Good Character requirements are substantiated by you and your wife each having 2 British people referee you. Furthermore, they will check to see that your taxes are paid up and that you have no outstanding criminal record etc.

Below is their web page with the guidance notes:

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/defaul ... ageId=3684

Hope this is helpful. Good Luck and please let us know how it goes!

Joseph

vinodn
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by vinodn » Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:41 pm

Joseph Thanks for the comments..on Naturalisation..
take care
Vinod