ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

serpent
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by serpent » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:42 pm

Hi there,

I have already spent over 5 years in the UK, first year being on a TWES permit and consequient 4 on ordinary WP. In April I got an ILR from Glasgo office.

Recently I was checking out HO's web-site in regard to naturalisation issues. I came across a rule (cannot find the link right now) --- actual law rule, not the rule from the leaflet, that in "special circumstances" people can apply for naturalisation without meeting the criteria "in the last 12 months of that five-year period, his or her stay in the United Kingdom was not subject to any time limit under the immigration laws". Other than that, I meet all the criteria required for naturalisation, so any ideas what those "special circumstances" might be?

Best of luck.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:18 pm

I recall a similar post and that the exemptions applied to those at the 9 month mark and had been in the UK for 7+ years . I will try and find the link if I can but it seems you gotta be patient dude.

serpent
Newly Registered

Post by serpent » Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:48 pm

I wish I could be as you say "a patient dude", but I have to travel around Europe a lot it is very annoying to see other people going through the green coridor, as well as waiting for 1-2 weeks on average to get a visa; and know that you differ from those people just in the piece of paper! :evil:

Please, find that post for me or someone who applied in similar conditions.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:49 pm

serpent wrote:I wish I could be as you say "a patient dude", but I have to travel around Europe a lot it is very annoying to see other people going through the green coridor, as well as waiting for 1-2 weeks on average to get a visa; and know that you differ from those people just in the piece of paper!

Sorry you feel that way but government policy is not to make travel easier for you/non nationals but rather to protect the interest of its citizens. By the way AFAIK the green corridor/channel is a customs as opposed to an immigration thing - its for those who having 'nothing to declare' irrespective of nationality.
serpent wrote:Please, find that post for me or someone who applied in similar conditions.

How could I resist such a polite request - look here