ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!!!Need advice for unmarried partner of work permit holder!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fahim007
Newly Registered

!!!Need advice for unmarried partner of work permit holder!!

Post by fahim007 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:06 pm

Hello,

I will be moving to the UK in August this year. I have a job already with a reputed company and a 5 year work permit and work visa already.

My girlfriend is a US citizen and we would like her to move to the UK with me. We have been looking online and are very confused about all the "Unmarried Partner of Work Permit Holder" regulations. My questions are these:

1) She and I are both studying at a university in Virginia, and have been together for the past 4 years (since Sept. 2000). However, as we live on campus, we have separate rooms and different P O Box numbers, even though we have very much been living in a relationship akin to marriage

2) We do not have any utility bills etc. The only thing we have "joint" is a certificate of deposit (CD) with a local bank that we bought together in 2002. Other than that, we have some travel tickets, other entertainment tickets etc. We can get plenty of letters from friends, and even some University officials attesting to the fact that we have been together

3) How would you suggest we go about applying for a leave to enter for her? Are we at all eligible without bills/utilities and the sort? Is there a way around it, with the aforementioned forms of letters/documents?

4) Should we apply for her permit in-person or via mail will be good enough with a well-written letter? Speaking of which, can anyone suggest what form of letter would be most applicable?

ANY help, advice, recommendation is welcome!! We are desperate as we would hate to be separated across the pond.

Thanks very very much!!!

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:03 am

Please refer to immigration for family members in this bord. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=400
Thank you