Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Locked
kmch
Newly Registered
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by kmch » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi ,

I have paid for document checking £35 and self uploaded all the documents. When will the documents be verified. Do I need to contact some one as it shows no such option.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Mood:

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by nihalcastelino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm

i went on Tuesday to B'mgham and had the same scenario, no emails or mails till now

aerobharath88
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm
India

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by aerobharath88 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 pm

nihalcastelino wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm
i went on Tuesday to B'mgham and had the same scenario, no emails or mails till now
I Went there on Wednesday (21/11/2018). Same story. I think they should really compensate us for all the mental stress we go through. A simple email which some people received is what we need within 24 hours. What is the point of paying extra 600gbp if they cant even set up a consistent email system. this is really disappointing.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Mood:

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by nihalcastelino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:50 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 pm
nihalcastelino wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm
i went on Tuesday to B'mgham and had the same scenario, no emails or mails till now
I Went there on Wednesday (21/11/2018). Same story. I think they should really compensate us for all the mental stress we go through. A simple email which some people received is what we need within 24 hours. What is the point of paying extra 600gbp if they cant even set up a consistent email system. this is really disappointing.
exactly, it seems prob their backend cant cope with the documents or volume or both, or number of agents might be too small for the number that applied

aerobharath88
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:15 pm
India

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by aerobharath88 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:52 pm

kmch wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi ,

I have paid for document checking £35 and self uploaded all the documents. When will the documents be verified. Do I need to contact some one as it shows no such option.
To me it was a waste of money. They only check the mandatory documents listed 2 working days before the appointment day. In my case it was only the passport so 35 was a waste. The case worker at the Bham centre told me that they do it for free until the end of January.

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Mood:

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by nihalcastelino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:58 pm

aerobharath88 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:52 pm
kmch wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:40 pm
Hi ,

I have paid for document checking £35 and self uploaded all the documents. When will the documents be verified. Do I need to contact some one as it shows no such option.
To me it was a waste of money. They only check the mandatory documents listed 2 working days before the appointment day. In my case it was only the passport so 35 was a waste. The case worker at the Bham centre told me that they do it for free until the end of January.
the self service biometrics machine is crap, it couldnt take my pic in more than 15 tries. had to go to a human booth , then they found they need to re do my wife's biometrics. the only saving grace is that they were polite and nice, helpful

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:53 pm

kenvac wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 pm
If DX has parcel for your means your application is approved and BRP will be delivered by DX :)
Congratulations in advance :)
varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am
hi All,

I contacted DX today and asked to check if any courier assigned to my address.

They confirmed that courier is on it way , will reach today or tomorrow (48 hrs slot service).

Fingers cross it my ILR.

Thank you all.

Regards,
Varma
Hi, how do you know if DX has a parcel for you? do you call them and ask? I went to my appointment on thursday, but haven't had any news from them.

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:57 pm

varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:44 pm
kenvac wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:18 pm
If DX has parcel for your means your application is approved and BRP will be delivered by DX :)
Congratulations in advance :)
varma24365 wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am
hi All,

I contacted DX today and asked to check if any courier assigned to my address.

They confirmed that courier is on it way , will reach today or tomorrow (48 hrs slot service).

Fingers cross it my ILR.

Thank you all.

Regards,
Varma
Hi kenvac,

Thank you

I just got ilr approval letter via royalmail.

Hope i get BRP also today.

varma
Hi, did you get an approval letter via royal mail? How long does it take? I went to my appointment on thursday, but havent heard anything from them. Paid for super premium too.

Rub22
Newly Registered
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 am

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Rub22 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:34 am

Hi everyone,

I have been following your post from the beginning. Thank you for sharing. Very helpful.

I need to apply for my old(set m). Is there are any Priority Visa Service?

Regards,
Rub

Thara
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Thara » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
Can you lease tell me the specifications of scan the supporting documents
Do I need to scan all pages of the passports

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:55 pm

Thara wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:54 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
Can you lease tell me the specifications of scan the supporting documents
Do I need to scan all pages of the passports
i scanned every page that has stamps on. because they are asking for previous travel history, so i think that is a way of showing it where i went during past 10 years.

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm

Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 pm
kenvac wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 pm
Hello Friends,

Has anyone got decision from UKVI attended on or after 15th November?
I attended Birmingham centre on 15th.
I am still awaiting mine and no letters from Royal mail today.

Is there any number I can call to find our my decision?
Time is killing me specially passing whole weekend. :|
I have attended on the 13th at Birmingham - still with no result.... :(
Hi, im just messaging to let you know that ive received my approval letter too!! At least i only needed to wait for 2 days haha, better than yours. The wait is over for us!! i wish you all the best for the future :)

nihalcastelino
Newly Registered
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 pm
Mood:

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by nihalcastelino » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:27 pm

Still waiting after attending on 20th in Birmingham. Hopefully on Monday or Tuesday. As long as you don't get a call for more information I think you will be fine.

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by allyf » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 pm
kenvac wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 pm
Hello Friends,

Has anyone got decision from UKVI attended on or after 15th November?
I attended Birmingham centre on 15th.
I am still awaiting mine and no letters from Royal mail today.

Is there any number I can call to find our my decision?
Time is killing me specially passing whole weekend. :|
I have attended on the 13th at Birmingham - still with no result.... :(
Hi, im just messaging to let you know that ive received my approval letter too!! At least i only needed to wait for 2 days haha, better than yours. The wait is over for us!! i wish you all the best for the future :)
Congratulations Josh! Were they helpful at the Liverpool location? Did they seem well equipped to help with scanning (I’ll probably need all scanning done ..!)
Hope you’re celebrating. !!

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 am

allyf wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 pm
kenvac wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 pm
Hello Friends,

Has anyone got decision from UKVI attended on or after 15th November?
I attended Birmingham centre on 15th.
I am still awaiting mine and no letters from Royal mail today.

Is there any number I can call to find our my decision?
Time is killing me specially passing whole weekend. :|
I have attended on the 13th at Birmingham - still with no result.... :(
Hi, im just messaging to let you know that ive received my approval letter too!! At least i only needed to wait for 2 days haha, better than yours. The wait is over for us!! i wish you all the best for the future :)
Congratulations Josh! Were they helpful at the Liverpool location? Did they seem well equipped to help with scanning (I’ll probably need all scanning done ..!)
Hope you’re celebrating. !!
Hi, did you book with the liverpool centre? if so, i think you best do all the scanning at home. There were people on my day that needs scanning, their scanner was broken, they sent those people downstairs to use the library scanner. So basically means you are doing yourself anyways! My appointment was half 11, i waited till 2.30 pm to be served because people before me needed scanning, so I had to wait for them to finish their appointment first. I recommend you to book earlier appointment, so more likely to be served quicker rather than wait for previous delays. Also try to avoid booking late hour (around 3/4 oclock afternoon) ones, because if there are delays they might send you home to book another appointment!! I read some people's comment from another topic they said some people got turned back home because of the delays. Because the officers are still aim to finish work at 5pm rather than dealing with the delays. Hope that helps ! Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by allyf » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 am
allyf wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:19 pm


I have attended on the 13th at Birmingham - still with no result.... :(
Hi, im just messaging to let you know that ive received my approval letter too!! At least i only needed to wait for 2 days haha, better than yours. The wait is over for us!! i wish you all the best for the future :)
Congratulations Josh! Were they helpful at the Liverpool location? Did they seem well equipped to help with scanning (I’ll probably need all scanning done ..!)
Hope you’re celebrating. !!
Hi, did you book with the liverpool centre? if so, i think you best do all the scanning at home. There were people on my day that needs scanning, their scanner was broken, they sent those people downstairs to use the library scanner. So basically means you are doing yourself anyways! My appointment was half 11, i waited till 2.30 pm to be served because people before me needed scanning, so I had to wait for them to finish their appointment first. I recommend you to book earlier appointment, so more likely to be served quicker rather than wait for previous delays. Also try to avoid booking late hour (around 3/4 oclock afternoon) ones, because if there are delays they might send you home to book another appointment!! I read some people's comment from another topic they said some people got turned back home because of the delays. Because the officers are still aim to finish work at 5pm rather than dealing with the delays. Hope that helps ! Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)
Thank you Josh! I haven’t booked yet as my 28 days won’t come along until dec 18...so I am hoping I can get in by the 19th or that week. This information is very helpful ! I’m thinking I may not pay extra for the scanning then. Can I just ask where exactly in Liverpool the sopra steria is located Josh?

Josh Hagino
Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:24 pm
Japan

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Josh Hagino » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm

allyf wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 am
allyf wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm
Josh Hagino wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:24 pm


Hi, im just messaging to let you know that ive received my approval letter too!! At least i only needed to wait for 2 days haha, better than yours. The wait is over for us!! i wish you all the best for the future :)
Congratulations Josh! Were they helpful at the Liverpool location? Did they seem well equipped to help with scanning (I’ll probably need all scanning done ..!)
Hope you’re celebrating. !!
Hi, did you book with the liverpool centre? if so, i think you best do all the scanning at home. There were people on my day that needs scanning, their scanner was broken, they sent those people downstairs to use the library scanner. So basically means you are doing yourself anyways! My appointment was half 11, i waited till 2.30 pm to be served because people before me needed scanning, so I had to wait for them to finish their appointment first. I recommend you to book earlier appointment, so more likely to be served quicker rather than wait for previous delays. Also try to avoid booking late hour (around 3/4 oclock afternoon) ones, because if there are delays they might send you home to book another appointment!! I read some people's comment from another topic they said some people got turned back home because of the delays. Because the officers are still aim to finish work at 5pm rather than dealing with the delays. Hope that helps ! Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)
Thank you Josh! I haven’t booked yet as my 28 days won’t come along until dec 18...so I am hoping I can get in by the 19th or that week. This information is very helpful ! I’m thinking I may not pay extra for the scanning then. Can I just ask where exactly in Liverpool the sopra steria is located Josh?
Hi, its in the central library, just next to the world museum :)

allyf
Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:40 am
Canada

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by allyf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:35 am

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:54 pm
allyf wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 am
Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 am
allyf wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm


Congratulations Josh! Were they helpful at the Liverpool location? Did they seem well equipped to help with scanning (I’ll probably need all scanning done ..!)
Hope you’re celebrating. !!
Hi, did you book with the liverpool centre? if so, i think you best do all the scanning at home. There were people on my day that needs scanning, their scanner was broken, they sent those people downstairs to use the library scanner. So basically means you are doing yourself anyways! My appointment was half 11, i waited till 2.30 pm to be served because people before me needed scanning, so I had to wait for them to finish their appointment first. I recommend you to book earlier appointment, so more likely to be served quicker rather than wait for previous delays. Also try to avoid booking late hour (around 3/4 oclock afternoon) ones, because if there are delays they might send you home to book another appointment!! I read some people's comment from another topic they said some people got turned back home because of the delays. Because the officers are still aim to finish work at 5pm rather than dealing with the delays. Hope that helps ! Let me know if you have anymore questions. :)
Thank you Josh! I haven’t booked yet as my 28 days won’t come along until dec 18...so I am hoping I can get in by the 19th or that week. This information is very helpful ! I’m thinking I may not pay extra for the scanning then. Can I just ask where exactly in Liverpool the sopra steria is located Josh?
Hi, its in the central library, just next to the world museum :)
Perfect, many thanks. Hopefully i have enough info now to get me started on this process in a few weeks time. I’m scared to think what debacle will take place right before Christmas when I need to get in 😣

NatApplicant
Newly Registered
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by NatApplicant » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 am

If any of you guys had an appointment in the new UKVCAS Croydon (core service centre @ Bedford Point), would you please share your experience?

oldmankensey
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by oldmankensey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:04 am

I'm booked for Friday in London Premium Centre. The address is given as "20 Mark Lane"

Using Street View on google maps, all the numbers seem to be in the 50s to 70s.

Where exactly is the London Premium Centre, is there a little side alley you have to go down or something like that?

Locked