ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New MBA scheme

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sand_03
Newly Registered

New MBA scheme

Post by sand_03 » Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:40 am

Does anybody know about the new MBA scheme, which has probably been announced in the new year 2004 budget? I have read some article in Financial Times, which mentions about it is brief.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:48 am

At this rate, I can envisage a scenario where all graduates from the UK will be allowed to carry on working in the UK..

Actually, Student Visas will be more difficult to get in the future as they are becoming more or less a ticket for settlement....

forexample

1). A student comes to the UK and takes a 4-year undegraduate course... which ends up as a 5-year course as the student takes a 'year out' then s/he is allowed to work for another year (new rules)....therefore the student has been in 'England' for 5 years.

2) on completion of 5 years in England - the student moves to Scotland - and studies for a 2 year masters course,

3) on completion of the course, the student is allowed to work in Scotland for 2 years

That is already 9 years in the UK, and with some slight 'twicking' of status its already 10 years, or the student has already gotten a work permit.

The moral of the story is that its bound to become easier for graduates to remain and settle in the UK..

I wonder why John Major never thought of such brilliant ideas during my 'good student' days :oops:
Where there is a will there is a way.

herman404
Newly Registered

Science/technology graduates - leave to remain

Post by herman404 » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:03 am

Hi there,

Workpermit.com, and the www.workingintheuk.gov.uk website both mention a scheme where graduates of science and technology courses from UK universities will get a 12 month leave to remain with no restrictions on work. Is this MBA scheme what they were referring to, or will there be a seperate scheme for science and technology graduates? Another difference is that the MBA scheme applies to worldwide graduates, whereas the science and technology scheme applies to graduates of UK universities. I ask because I'm studying for a MSc, but not a MBA!

Thanks,

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:51 am

Graduate scheme is different from the MBA scheme and it applies only to Science and Technology students...

Therefore you should be allowed to work for a year at the end of your course -
Where there is a will there is a way.