ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notice Period to old company after Work Permit Approval

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wtabrez
Newly Registered

Notice Period to old company after Work Permit Approval

Post by wtabrez » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:33 am

Hi,

I am currenly on a WP from old employerand got a new job & WP approval & stamping (FLR) from Home Office for the new job.

I would like to know if i can serve a 6 months notice after the approval.Hoping that Home Office is OK with such a buffer,even though my stamping has changed to the new company.

Kindly suggest,
Thanks.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:06 pm

You cannot be working for an ex-employer after FLR has been granted to stay in the country and work for a new employer. 6 months is too long a period to justify.

Once you recieved the new WP approval, you had upto six monthss from the date of approval or the expiry of your current leave to remain (which ever comes first) to apply. IMO, you rushed into the FLR. My suggestion is to talk to your old employer to release you earlier.

wtabrez
Newly Registered

Re: Notice Period to old company after Work Permit Approval

Post by wtabrez » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:31 pm

wtabrez wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion,

Sorry i meant to say 6 weeks notice rather then 6 months of notice. So can i provide a 6 weeks notice ?. Is this justifiable please.
The new companies solicitors suggested that Home Office keeps that much buffer for notice period after stamping, thats the understanding.

Kindly Suggest
Thanks in Advance.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:48 pm

I am not sure about it. The advise of your new employer's solictor should carry some weight. If you still have doubts then you can get a confirmation directly from the HO by giving them a call.