ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD TRESPASSING IN 1993

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

valkovenso
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

OLD TRESPASSING IN 1993

Post by valkovenso » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Dear audience,
I am Bulgarian.I was appluying for a refugee status in Germany in 1993.Then in October 1993 , nazy activists trew a hand granate into the k itchen of housing block for refugees where I was occupying a room. Fortunately there were some small injures (not mine). I and few other refugees fleed Germany out of fear.I asked an English lorry driver to buy me a ticket for England(for the ferry) Pas de Cale to Dover.Landed on Uk soil without no ID, or passport.Using fake name presented myself as a soldier fleeing the war in Serbia.Spend a night in detention at the port of Dover.Next morning speaking to immigration officer I confess tha told lies.And the border police put me on the ferry back to France.I was issued restriction by Immigration authorities of England in October 1993 not to come to England ,unless I have permission from the Minister of Immigration of England. Now I have been working and living in London, England since January 2014. i came by plane, and nobody stopped me or asked me any questions. In 2015 I went back to Bulgaria for a holiday and 14 days later came back to England. I believe that restriction by Immigration authorities of England in October 1993 has been removed.My QUESTION is , that breach of Immigration regulations of England back in 1993, CAN IT BE still considered an obstacle(a reason) by the Home Office in order to allow me to get Permamnent Residence for The UK? Thanks in advance for any help of yours!

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: OLD TRESPASSING IN 1993

Post by CMOSUK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:16 am

valkovenso wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 pm
Dear audience,
I am Bulgarian.I was appluying for a refugee status in Germany in 1993.Then in October 1993 , nazy activists trew a hand granate into the Spam of housing block for refugees where I was occupying a room. Fortunately there were some small injures (not mine). I and few other refugees fleed Germany out of fear.I asked an English lorry driver to buy me a ticket for England(for the ferry) Pas de Cale to Dover.Landed on Uk soil without no ID, or passport.Using bad quality name presented myself as a soldier fleeing the war in Serbia.Spend a night in detention at the port of Dover.Next morning speaking to immigration officer I confess tha told lies.And the border police put me on the ferry back to France.I was issued restriction by Immigration authorities of England in October 1993 not to come to England ,unless I have permission from the Minister of Immigration of England. Now I have been working and living in London, England since January 2014. i came by plane, and nobody stopped me or asked me any questions. In 2015 I went back to Bulgaria for a holiday and 14 days later came back to England. I believe that restriction by Immigration authorities of England in October 1993 has been removed.My QUESTION is , that breach of Immigration regulations of England back in 1993, CAN IT BE still considered an obstacle(a reason) by the Home Office in order to allow me to get Permamnent Residence for The UK? Thanks in advance for any help of yours!
As this was nearly 25 years ago, and considering these points:

Bulgaria joined the EU in 2007.
The offence occurred roughly 25 years ago.
Bad quality name was used, no ID was presented, my point being how did they manage to put it on record?

Remember at that time there was no biometric used by the home office.

It is also possible, data sharing between countries wasn't as advanced as it is now.

Believe it or not, me and my siblings passport photos where just attached (literally glued on) to our mother's passport (British) when we were about 7 years of age in 1994. You could quite literally take it off and glue it back on again. 😁

It could be the criminal threshold has lapsed/spent for the conviction, as you do mention you have been working and living in London since 2014 that would have been 21 years after that offence.

What you should do is make an advanced criminal disclosure check through the police to see what is offence is held against your name.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

valkovenso
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by valkovenso » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:40 pm

CMOSUK, thanks for you comment.
I forgot to metion that I did reveal my true identity so Home Office had my real identity. I was not convicted just issued warrant not to enter England without written permission from Minister of Immigration in October 1993.I did my DBS check (the most enchansed version and came"CLEAN".I did it in June 2017).Can you comment about thta, please!
Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:35 am

valkovenso wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:40 pm
CMOSUK, thanks for you comment.
I forgot to metion that I did reveal my true identity so Home Office had my real identity. I was not convicted just issued warrant not to enter England without written permission from Minister of Immigration in October 1993.I did my DBS check (the most enchansed version and came"CLEAN".I did it in June 2017).Can you comment about thta, please!
Thanks
The other thing that you may need to do is a SAR request to the home office.

A 'Subject Access Request' in letter to the Home Office to request for any immigration convictions or cautions for the dates required.

Under the data protection act 1998 that also replaced the data protection act 1984 and Access to Personal Files Act 1987 I think they should be able to provide you with that Information even if it was in 1993 before the data protection act 1998.

Click here to read more on it.

Please click on the link below for more info on it and what you may need to to give for a successful SAR.

Personal information charter

Request your personal data from UK Visas and Immigration Form

Again, once you know what is held against your name then you will have a clear picture on what direction to take.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 am

Also wanted to mention, you will need certified photocopies of your I.D. You can get them certified through the post office.

Click this link for more information.