ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online status error- ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

razergd1
Israel

Online status error- ILR

Post by razergd1 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:29 pm

We successfully applied for ILR. Recently I checked the online system (Right to rent/Right to work) and both myself and my wife's data are showing our previous visa details when entering the settlement BRP details. Has anyone had a similar issue? Do you know what is the correct way to investigate and request a correction of the online status?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Online status error- ILR

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:50 pm

razergd1 wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:29 pm
We successfully applied for ILR. Recently I checked the online system (Right to rent/Right to work) and both myself and my wife's data are showing our previous visa details when entering the settlement BRP details. Has anyone had a similar issue? Do you know what is the correct way to investigate and request a correction of the online status?
The online status check is NOT necessarily accurate or up-to-date. BRP is the ONLY thing needed to prove you have the right to work or rent in the UK. The status shown online will be updated later on
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm

Everywhere it says the BRP is no longer proof of right to rent/right to work in the UK. It used to show the correct information before as I used it to prove my right to work to my current employer and it worked.
My wife is now looking for a job and the system shows incorrect information for both of us this makes me a bit worried.

For example, I have ILR and the system says that I'm only allowed to work for my sponsor. It is also showing the picture from my previous BRP.
My wife's page shows her picture from the current BRP but gives her permission to work up to the original expiry date of the skilled worker permission. (with the usual sports person limitation). So it's like the system went suddenly backward and I'm a bit lost. I thought to try to fill admin review to this but I'm not sure if it's the correct way to try and fix it.
I called the technical support team 5 times. They all said that they can see we have "settlement" in their system but no one could fix the online system.
They just told me that if I need I should use the employer/landlord checking service until it's fixed but I don't like the situation as not every employer/landlord is happy to deal with it and my wife is currently after a job.

Thanks for the quick replay!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:44 pm

So it seems things have changed since April.
If the online status is incorrect, then the services below should be used by employer/landlord to verify the latest status
A prospective employer will request a positive response from the UKVI here: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Similarly, a landlord will request this here: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ation.ofml

You should not be required to do this yourself. The employer or landlord will request this and will get a positive response from the UKVI on your status from the UKVI.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

l.reddy1994
Newly Registered
India

Post by l.reddy1994 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:23 am

I'm having a similar issue. I wanted to share my ILR status with work however it still has my details from my Skilled Worker visa. My ILR was approved mid-October.
I wonder if there is some kind of glitch in the system?

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:06 am

Probably, my ilr has been approved on mid Oct. The issue is both for myself and my wife. I'm still working for my sponsor and still continue to.

I got stressed as I have a trip a abroad next week and my wife is looking for a job. At this stage I believe the HO system has a glitch.

I did some online investigation and this system is separate to the case management systems. I also raised it with their technical team.
My non professional advice is that you call their IT support 03007906268 option 3 insist that they will raise a case/ticket for you as the system is showing incorrect status and ask you prospective employer to request manual check.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:21 pm

That issue on the system is not a problem to travel, you already have been granted ILR and have a physical BRP confirming so. Just take your the card when travelling, for peace of mind.

According to what they said when you called, your current status is up to date on their system:
razergd1 wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm
I called the technical support team 5 times. They all said that they can see we have "settlement" in their system but no one could fix the online system.
That's what matters!

It can take several weeks or months for your status to be updated on that right to work/rent website that we as immigrants have access.

If a prospective employer or landlord want to confirm your right to work or rent, they can do that with your personal information or a copy of your BRP. Actually it's their duty to do so, not of the applicant.

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:25 pm

At the moment I don't need to do such check. My point is that if I do need to find a job or apply for a new tenancy I'm currently excluded as the new regulation for 'right to'
as any prospective employer or landlord must use this system.

The thing that bugs me the most is that my wife is actively looking for a job and I hope this will not interfere with this.
It used to work before. I tested it when we received the BRPs and it was all correct. It went backwards at a certain point.

At this stage, I'm feeling terrified from the day we all gonna have digital status... I do expect such a system to be 100% accurate at any given moment. Anyhow, I received an email from HO today that they are investigating. So hopefully they will sort it out. I just want things to work as they should. I believe it is not too much to ask.

At this point I'm pretty much confident this is just an IT glitch no more then this.

I must say that one guy told me that there was change of circumstances in my file 3 days after my ILR was approved. I asked him what he said something with your sponsor. He also confirmed in the call that I have ILR. I did ask my employer and she confirmed that they withdrawn my sponsorship few days after I received ILR. She also said that they must do so as once I have ILR as I'm no longer sponsored. She also did RTW check few days after and everything went well. So basically she told you have ILR we got positive response from the online system so everything is good. I did generate the code back then and it used to say that I can do any work and there is not time limit on my entitlement. So it literally went backwards.

I just got confirmation that the resolution center is looking into it and if I need we should use the employer checking service...

A bit stressful but... Hopefully they'll fix it.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:46 pm

I can understand your concern but this issue can happen to anyone and anytime.

This has happened to me before (with a Tier 2/Skilled worker visa) when I did not have any job and I reckon it was worrying at first, but once I read about this here and in the official documents I forgot about the matter. Once I started a new job, I changed accommodation after a few weeks and the agency did all the checks with a copy of my BRP, my status on the right to rent/work portal was still shown with the old details. Eventually it was updated, I did not know when though!

I agree that they should be more efficient in updating these systems, but it does not happen all the time. After the pandemic and more in the last few months, many processes with UKVI or the HO have been suffering even more delays. You can see that a considerable amount of topics on this forum are related to delays in basically everything.

Once again, any potential landlord or employer can do checks with a copy of your BRP. It is set out in the guidance for them to conduct these checks.

soeco
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by soeco » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:05 pm

I'm having a similar issue to @razergd1. I have reported to HO already. any Idea, how long it might take to solve the issue?