ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

opening an acct. & NI

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

picadilly
Newly Registered

opening an acct. & NI

Post by picadilly » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:15 am

GOOD DAY!

just want to ask is there any restriction for a someone holding a visitors visa opening an account in U.K?
is there anychance also that she can get a NI(national insurance).

Thank you and hope someone out there may help by answering my question.

noah
Newly Registered

Post by noah » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:51 am

As an individual, you will need to clear the money laundering hurdles. A partial list of acceptable IDs and further links are at http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/id.shtml

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:41 am

Just wanted to add that to be issued a NI Number you need to show that you are either able to work in the UK or able to claim benefits. Since you are barred from both of the above by the nature of your visa you will not be able to get a NINO.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

picadilly
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by picadilly » Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:50 am

GOOD DAY!

To NOAH and TNOVAN THANK YOU for replaying about my inquiry,It helps me alot since im planning to visit U.K again.

Now I know were to turn to before doing something to avoid breaking the U.K immigration law.

Thank you guys!