ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Leave to Remain Stamps for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kavi
Newly Registered

Passport Leave to Remain Stamps for ILR

Post by Kavi » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:29 pm

Hello All

I am applying for ILR this month and I am looking for some one's advice on the issue I have.
I am going to apply for ILR after working & living for 4 years in UK on work permit.
From year 2000 i was working here with a 4 yrs workpermit.
In 2002 I changed my job and joined a consultancy who applied for my work permit. I got a work permit sponsered by that consultancy for 6 months, when applying they didn't ask for my passport and my passport was not sent to home office with the application. the application was approved by the workpermits UK and my consultancy received the employment approval letter and I got a photocopy of it. But I wasn't given the 'Leave to Remain' letter by my employer. After 6 months I switched my job again and joined another company and got another workpermit for 3 year and this time my passport is stamped with relevant 'Leave to Remain' stamp.

MY question now is, I dont have any documentary evidence other than the photocopy of my 'work permit approval letter' from workpermits UK.
I dont have stamps in my passport for that 6 months and I dont have the orignal or photocopy of the 'Leave To Remain'.

Since I am going to apply for ILR this month, I dont know what to do and what to say when I am asked for the stamps in my passport by the home office when I make my application for ILR.

I have contacted the Consultancy and asked them to give me the copy of the letter few times but couldn't get a copy of the same.

Please advice me on this and is anyone out there has simillar expierince.

thanks to all

Kavi

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:21 pm

Don't worry! Your full immigration history is on INDs computer.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:38 am

I suggest you submit with your passport a copy of the letter you have, that is the photocopy of your 'work permit approval letter' from workpermits UK. Please make sure you write on it only two lines:

- Original documents are with previous employer
- Information is in your IND computer

This is to avoid yourself any hassle from someone sending you a letter with unrealistic response. Have you ever played chess? :)

Tnavon‘s advice is absolutely correct.

Kavi
Newly Registered

Post by Kavi » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:27 am

Hi again to all

thanks very much for your advices. Please could ask someone to answer my following questions please?. I also request anyone out there to share their experiences in smillar situations.

I am applying for ILR soon, what are the consequence If my application is turned down.

1) Will my passport will be stamped with a refusal ?
2) If my application is turned down, when can I apply for ILR again and what are the chances of getting it?

3)Am I allowed to appeal?

It might sound negative but I am just curious of knowing information about these questions.

thanks very much

Kavi

tdabash

Post by tdabash » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:33 pm

Hello there,

Just apply for your ILR as advised above. If you have established the requirements of the immigration law, your application will be successful.

Please do not worry about this 6 months missing stamp in your passport if you have a proof.

The standard of proof is on the civil standard of the balance of probabilities (that is to say more likely than not). The issue in question is not a crime.

If an IO did not look in his/her computer and refused your application only on the basis of a 6 months missing stamp while you are submitting a copy of the index letter with the comments advised, it would be a laugh. You would certainly win your appeal.

If you are still in doubt, please pick up the phone and give IND a ring prior to submitting your application.

Good luck :)