ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport stamp on re-entering on holiday VISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MBizzle
Newly Registered
Mood:

Passport stamp on re-entering on holiday VISA

Post by MBizzle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:53 am

Hello,

My wife is currently awaiting her citizenship in Italy, during this waiting period she has been back and forth between Italy and UK. Recently she has been making use of the 6 months Holiday VISA and has been in the UK now for 4 months without leaving. She travelled to Italy recently and on re-enterting the UK they stamped her passport on that day, so im assuming this is now valid for another 6 months ?

If someeone cold clarify this as I dont understand how this works.

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Passport stamp on re-entering on holiday VISA

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello

What's her citizenship at the moment?

If she is travelling on a UK visitor visa, that visa must have a validity date printed on it.

If the immigration officer stamps the visa, this doesn't give it longer validity or anything.

MBizzle
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MBizzle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Sorry to clarify, she doesn't have a visa as such my understanding is that when she comes here she is stamped in her passport that gives her 6 months as a tourist. She has a stamp with date on entry. Her passport is Argentina.

MBizzle
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MBizzle » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:07 pm

The stamp is leave to enter for 6 months from date of entry.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:43 pm

MBizzle wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:53 am
Hello,

My wife is currently awaiting her citizenship in Italy, during this waiting period she has been back and forth between Italy and UK. Recently she has been making use of the 6 months Holiday VISA and has been in the UK now for 4 months without leaving. She travelled to Italy recently and on re-enterting the UK they stamped her passport on that day, so im assuming this is now valid for another 6 months ?

If someeone cold clarify this as I dont understand how this works.

Thanks
Although the stamp/visa on arrival is valid for 6 months, this does not mean that one can reside in the UK by doing visa runs every few months. As a rule of thumb, she should not be spending more time in the UK than out of it in any rolling 12 month period. If she does, she risks that those successive 'visits' flag up one day when she tries to re-enter the UK and she may be turned away at the border.

Does she know when she will be likely to get her Italian citizenship? I heard that Italy tends to take ages?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

MBizzle
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by MBizzle » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:06 pm

I did wonder what the process would be, previously she had been coming and going but this summer she has been here for longer periods. The fact that she has gone and come back and was stamped without a problem in assuming she is ok, I'm hoping the next few months she will have her citizenship sorted so the next time she leaves it will be ton re-enter as a EU citizen. Yes, the Italian citizenship can be lengthy depending on documents and how many external bodies they have to contact. Often the hold up is down to embassies in your own country etc.