ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MK
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence Permit

Post by MK » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:56 pm

My wife is an EEA National who has been and worked here for over 4 years. She intends to apply for a permanent residence permit in the UK.
I am a non-EEA national who is dependant on her. I have been and worked in the country for 5 years. We both have Tax records for this period from the In-land Revenue.

Do I qualify for a permanent residence permit as well?
We have been married for 3 years.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:31 pm

yes i think so

John

Post by John » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:58 pm

Hi MK, go to :-

Application Forms

-: and download a form EEC2. I think that is the form that needs to be completed. Looking at that form, details for both of you can be entered on to it.

Completion of that form should lead to ILR for both of you. Then at least a year after the ILR is granted, both of you will be able to apply for Naturalisation as British, if you wish.