ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Guide to the right thing.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ananomous123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Please Guide to the right thing.

Post by Ananomous123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi everyone. I am just to trying to know - what should i do in the situation i am in.
I got married in the uk. My wife and i was living our lives like every other couple but shortly after few months of marriage i realised that my wife had some serious issues. She started becoming very insecure, and caused so much drama in the relationship. She started picking Un-necessary fights, loads of screaming and shouting on daily basis Which made me mentaly very depressed. I started going to the gp reguraly and told them everything whatever was happening. They were giving me antidepressants. My wife then started attacking me physically. I never called the police cos i didn’t know that police should be involved in these matters.
My wife called police like three times and officers never said anything to me, instead of that, officers insulted her cos she was lying and misbehaving with them. Police never said anything to to me infact i use to tell the officers that i will leave the house for like 2 hours so that everything will be normal. Her behaviour made me mentaly very disturbed and i tried to take her to the surgery but she never came with me. She was in an affair with a guy, which broke me down emotionaly, still after that she picked up a fight and physicaly attacked me again.
I had to call the police this time cos she was being nasty. Police took her, and ralased her next day by saying that they don’t have enough evidence to charge her. I left my house and stayed in hotel for two nights than i had to come back cos i had no where else to go. I tried to make things better between us but Still the situation was same, she became more worse, and i had to leave my house permantly because of her behaviour and my own mental health.
My councler after listening to all this told me that its domestic violence and reffered me to Domestic violene people.
Now my current visa is valid till next year november. I do not understand what should i do, shall i file the case, or just stay seperate. My Domestic Voilence Professionsl is saying that its a strong case, she will get all the necessary documents, MARAC reportand everything. What should i do in this situation cos i don’t know where i stand. If i go back to my house again, samething will happen. I am not speaking to her at all cos im mentaly ver unwel. Shall i file a case for DV.
I am a male, and i don’t know if it works with males.
Please be honest in your comments.
Thank you.

Casa

Re: Please Guide to the right thing.

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:53 pm

As you have posted in the General sub-forum, I don't know what category of visa you currently have (if one at all)?

Men have the same right to claim Domestic Violence as women. If your right to remain is based on your marriage, I suggest you consider the advice you've been given and submit an application under SET(DV).

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... c-violence
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ananomous123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ananomous123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 pm

Thank you. I am currently on spouse visa. For 2.5 years, which is ending next year november.
Do you think the supported docouments are enough to support my case? As in Gp, police, Councellor, MARAC and DV professional. I am just very depressed by the situation.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 am

Ananomous123 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 pm
Thank you. I am currently on spouse visa. For 2.5 years, which is ending next year november.
Do you think the supported docouments are enough to support my case? As in Gp, police, Councellor, MARAC and DV professional. I am just very depressed by the situation.
Should be sufficient evidence of DV
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ananomous123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ananomous123 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:29 pm

Dear Moderators.
i have one question related to my situation which i have mentioned above.
Police took my wife, and released her after 11-12 hours by informing me over the phone that the evidence i have provided is not enough for the charge. i had some photos of assult which was done by my wife, police officer took the photos in their phone.
i don't know if they gave warning or caution to my wife. They just took her and relased her after 11 hours.
my question is, if i file the application for DV - i will attatch the report of the police of this incident, cos thats the only time i called the police. what if police have not given any caution or warning to my wife. Will it still work for me for application? that police just took her. My wife accpted to the police that she assaulted me. An oficer told me that they have arrested her because she accepted that she assulted me.

i shall be grateful for your honest answer. Thank you.

Ananomous123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ananomous123 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:43 am

Hello
I hope you all are good. can anyone please replay to me about the question which i have mentioned above.
please. i shall be grateful. Thank you.