ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post Nuptial Citizenship

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Stella Swanepoel
Newly Registered

Post Nuptial Citizenship

Post by Stella Swanepoel » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:05 pm

:roll:
Can you help?
I have some Irish friends who are applying for the Post Nuptial Citizenship. Apparently this is how they can go about it???
I phone my lawyer (who I know personally after having done a case with them) and ask him if he can sign the Post Nuptial Citizenship application form as acknowledgement of knowing ME - being my friends Notary Public - who is introducing them to my lawyers. MY name is on the form as acknowledgement of knowing my friends.....
The lawyer will then "want" to do this and my friends go to the lawyer and he signs the form.
So this is what has happened - I phoned my lawyers secretary and she says they dont do this.
Have you any other suggestion - I know nothing about this but would really like to help my friends out if I can. How do they go about the application if they themselves dont know a lawyer - personally!
Any help much appreciated as usual.
Stella

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:13 pm

The lawyer must personally know the PND applicant for the required time - you being an intermediary is irrelevant/ does not meet the requirements. Sorry.