Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show


General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Junior Member
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:01 am
Location: UK


Post by Prince1 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:59 pm

I heard of a distance friend who managed to get a flat in London under shared ownership. ..50% owned by her and 50% by Housing association...and this was supported by her employer.

I think housing association are funded by government...and therefore this will constitute public fund, which as a WP holder she should not normally get.

Is this right?, What kind of implications can this have for her ILR and Citizenship application.

Thanx in anticiption of your contributions.

Posts: 12319
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:54 pm
Location: Birmingham, England

Post by John » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:03 am

and therefore this will constitute public fund
Well it might, but it will not constitute a part of the limited list defined as "Public Funds" by paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules.

There are many types of claim on the UK Government that are totally allowed ... use of the NHS by those ordinarily resident in the UK .... use of State Schools etc etc.