ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacement ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Natprim
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Replacement ILR

Post by Natprim » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi, I lost my BRP with ILR and have applied for a replacement.
Has anyone had this experience, and have timelines for when they received a replacement. It seems excessive to not be able to travel for 6 months to turn around a replacement card, and have no view as to where it is in the process.
Am I right that it is not possible to get a priority service if you are replacing an ILR due to it being lost or stolen?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Replacement ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:48 am

Natprim wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 pm
Hi, I lost my BRP with ILR and have applied for a replacement.
Has anyone had this experience, and have timelines for when they received a replacement. It seems excessive to not be able to travel for 6 months to turn around a replacement card, and have no view as to where it is in the process.
Am I right that it is not possible to get a priority service if you are replacing an ILR due to it being lost or stolen?
BRP replacement can take around 6 months. There is no priority service. Australian citizens can fly back to the UK as they are non-visa nationals and are able to enter using eGates in UK airports without their BRP. When you enter this way, you enter under the conditions of your BRP rather than as a visitor :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Natprim
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Natprim » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:13 am

Thanks a lot, do you know if this is the same for NZ? And can you travel as a NZer while you wait for your replacement and still return via egates?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Natprim wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:13 am
Thanks a lot, do you know if this is the same for NZ? And can you travel as a NZer while you wait for your replacement and still return via egates?
Yes

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -uk-border
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice