ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Replacing BRP settlement card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Replacing BRP settlement card

Post by Harrycrr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:14 am

Hi guys,

So last night I was mugged and my BRP (ILR settlement) was taken, I was surprised at how lengthy the process to replace the document is. I have all mandatory documents apart from the original letter that the BRP came with, they call it ORIGINAL DOCUMENT SHOWING GRANT OF SETTLEMENT. Can I still apply without this, I think it may be lost. You would think I am still in the system so hopefully its not an issue, if you can give any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Replacing BRP settlement card

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:17 am

Harrycrr wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:14 am
Hi guys,

So last night I was mugged and my BRP (ILR settlement) was taken, I was surprised at how lengthy the process to replace the document is. I have all mandatory documents apart from the original letter that the BRP came with, they call it ORIGINAL DOCUMENT SHOWING GRANT OF SETTLEMENT. Can I still apply without this, I think it may be lost. You would think I am still in the system so hopefully its not an issue, if you can give any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Under the circumstances you provide all the documents you have, for the lost ones what can you do about it...get police report. If there are alternatives HO can request for it will be asked. Quite a lengthy process.

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Hi, I understand its lengthy as it says up to 6 months.

But I would like to know from anyone, if not providing that letter will affect the application, surely they can just cross check if I am providing the number on the old BRP.

Anyone dealt with this before?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Harrycrr wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:26 pm
Hi, I understand its lengthy as it says up to 6 months.

But I would like to know from anyone, if not providing that letter will affect the application, surely they can just cross check if I am providing the number on the old BRP.

Anyone dealt with this before?
This refers to the ILR sticker many had in their passport but as the rules changed, they had to get a BRP as its replacement. It does not refer to the letter of the grant of ILR. Your BRP is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:12 pm

OK, but as it's a stolen BRP - obviously I can't provide them with it. Can only give the numbers which I have a copy of, will that be enough?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:13 pm

Harrycrr wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:12 pm
OK, but as it's a stolen BRP - obviously I can't provide them with it. Can only give the numbers which I have a copy of, will that be enough?
Yes. You do not need to tell UKVI about what they have on their systems. However, it should be obvious that you must always have a scan/copy of such important documents
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:37 pm

So you think it will be fine just to have to put in a scan, and provide everything else they ask for, just won't have this last checkbox item - RON 60 or equivalent.

I'm just a bit worried as thought it would be a more simple procedure, i'm assuming my current leave is still valid insofar as my current work is concerned.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:59 pm

Harrycrr wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:37 pm
So you think it will be fine just to have to put in a scan, and provide everything else they ask for, just won't have this last checkbox item - RON 60 or equivalent.

I'm just a bit worried as thought it would be a more simple procedure, i'm assuming my current leave is still valid insofar as my current work is concerned.
Do not be concerned

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:01 pm

Ok, thanks

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 am

Could someone tell me whether or not I am still able to work while my BRP is stolen, and I'm applying for a new one?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:22 am

Harrycrr wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 am
Could someone tell me whether or not I am still able to work while my BRP is stolen, and I'm applying for a new one?
Yes, you can. Your ILR status does not disappear if you lose a card. https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:30 am

Thank you Zimba, it was quite stressful and it's frustrating how it's not always easy to get answers to these things. You have been very helpful

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Hi,

Just am in the process of booking an appointment-

I have to upload my passports online and not submit them physically?

As I have not left the UK once since receiving my BRP, do I need to scan every blank page in my passport? Or am I not understanding something. Basically I just want to know how they want me to upload my passports, I have two - is the front ID page enough?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:03 pm

No physical document is submitted. ONLY upload pages that have stamps

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:20 pm

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying. So I was issued BRP in 2019 and have not left the UK since, so there are no stamps, do I just scan all blank pages through?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:13 pm

No

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:54 pm

So in this case, just front page is enough?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:17 pm

Yes

Harrycrr
Newly Registered

Post by Harrycrr » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:38 pm

Thank you so much :)