ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning resident visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

swapna_m_10
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Returning resident visa

Post by swapna_m_10 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:29 am

Hello,
I am away from the UK since September 2018 and I am currently in India. I had to postpone my return due to the ongoing pandemic. Before pandemic I had to postpone my return to attend very important functions. Until April 2021 I, my husband and my 3-year-old child were living in my mother-in-law place. On April 2021 my husband returned to UK. Now I would like to join my husband with my child.
My husband and my child are British citizens and I got my ILR in May 2018. Since I am away from the UK for more than 2 years, I am applying for returning resident visa.
Please answer below questions
1. What is the timeframe to enter the UK once the visa has been granted?
2. Can my husband collect my BRP?
3. Do I need to provide financial evidence (my husband bank statements)?
Many thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Returning resident visa

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:22 am

1. It would be a month on the sticker
2. No you will collect it after arrival
3. You must submit documents that prove you have ties to the UK, for example proof you’ve earned income, or rented or owned property, in the UK
https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

swapna_m_10
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by swapna_m_10 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:22 am

Hi,
I applied my returning visa online and I already booked an appointment for submission of my visa application. Please answer my below questions?
1) I am uploading my supporting documents in vfsglobal.com (my account). Do I also need to carry the same documents and submit along with my original passport?
2) I need to provide evidence to show why I am not been able to return to the UK for more than 2 years. My actual reasons are to attend my brother’s wedding, my grandmother’s sudden demise and ongoing pandemic. I have my brother wedding card and my grandmother’s death ceremony card in Telegu language. Can I upload them? What other evidence should I add as a support to the above-mentioned reasons?

many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:01 pm

1. Ask VFS. I do not know
2. You should provide any evidence you think is relevant. There is no specific evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice