ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right To Work/ Right To Rent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nick1232728
Newly Registered

Right To Work/ Right To Rent

Post by nick1232728 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi All

Hope you are all well.

We have recently applied for ILR and are aware that this takes up to six months from the date of the biometrics appointment. My partner is needing to prove her right to work/right to rent as the BRP runs out in June. I am aware that the HO no longer send confirmation of application letters out so we need to provide a reference number for her work and the landlord to check with.

The only reference number we have so far is the one on the payment receipt starting UKVI.... is this the correct one to give them, also as her biometric appointment isn't until the end of May could this still be used now or would they have to wait until the appointment to check.

Kind Regards,

Nick

zimba
Mood:

Re: Right To Work/ Right To Rent

Post by zimba » Wed May 05, 2021 4:39 pm

You must get a unique application number (UAN) when you submit your application online.
An employer will need to perform right to work checks and get a positive response from UKVI using your application number (UAN) via Employer Checking Service: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nick1232728
Newly Registered

Post by nick1232728 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:57 pm

got it thank you zimba :D :D :D

do you know if it can be used to check now as the rental agency are asking... i'd rather just give it to them and let them get on with it tbh or would it only check either after biometric appointment or the BRP runs out

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 05, 2021 11:19 pm

There is a similar service for the right to rent checks for people who do not have the required original documents using just the UAN. https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ation.ofml
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice