ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rumour

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jonbon

rumour

Post by jonbon » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:34 pm

Is it a rumour that UK home office is planning to increase min time from 4 years to 5 years for PR in uk??

Regards
Jon

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:23 pm

Not a rumor - it's in the five-year plan annoucned on Feb 7

jonbon

rumour

Post by jonbon » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:47 pm

do we know when this will take effect..my friend becomes eligible for ILR in 2nd week of April..any chances he might just make it?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:36 pm

noone knows for sure, but it is probably after elections whenevr they will be

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:29 pm

I think your friend should be fine if he applies as soon as he is eligible. In most cases, this stuff is done based on the rules in place at the time, which do not appear to have formally changed yet. There are some rather egregious examples of the Home Office retroactively applying rules, such as in Rella's case.
he should at least be able to apply for further leave to reamin for an additional year since they are changing the rules, so I really think it's ok.

Ohoopee

Another Rumor

Post by Ohoopee » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:24 am

I read on another website that it will not be long before the UK excepts workpermits from people with lower skills than the HSMP. Is this true?

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:01 pm

lynn132 wrote:http://www.official-documents.co.uk/doc ... 2/6472.htm

Click on full pdf and you can read the whole thing. It appears some of this will be implemented in April. If you apply now, the current rules should still apply, but given the backlog, they will have to start converting applications over if they plan to implement in April.

Good luck!
All the info on the five-year plan is in the link quoted above.

Ohoopee

Post by Ohoopee » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:01 pm

Ok, so it appears that the website was wrong. It looks like they are about to make it even harder for lower level worker. Me personally have highler level skills but I do not have a college degree or have lots of work experience as I am relitively young. So it likes there is no way for me to immigrate to UK.