ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

salary payment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sri2uk
Newly Registered

salary payment

Post by sri2uk » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:01 am

hi
I am presently on WP with one company and working on contract with another company. Everymonth the company in which I am working on contract pays my company and my company pays me the salary. But last month by some mistake my contract company paid the net amount directly to my bank account. Will this create a problem for my status due to this, can the contract company pay my NI and tax directly rather then going through my orginal company. I just want to know if this continues this way will this affect me applying a PR.
thanks in advance

AtW

Re: salary payment

Post by AtW » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:05 pm

I am not sure if that whole arrangement is legal insofar as work permits regulations are concerned - you are not supposed to be working "on cotract" for ANOTHER company paying you specific salary from which I presume your main company takes their cut.

If I were you I'd look into this situation very carefully as you may run into serious troubles.

AlexCh

Re: salary payment

Post by AlexCh » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:28 am

sri2uk wrote:hi
But last month by some mistake my contract company paid the net amount directly to my bank account.
And of course the contract company knew your bank account details also due to some strange mistake :D

If you want proper advice, you should give true story. Looks like you just want to go direct to the contract company and take all the money - it's understandable, but remember - the company, which sponsored your permit may cancel it together with your visa.