ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sanity check on supporting documents submission

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tii051

Visitor Visa Letter from family to show ties in home country

Post by tii051 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:12 am

Hi all,

My mother is applying for her visitor visa. She has visited before for 6 weeks for my wedding in 2013. (Stayed for the time stated on visa application)

She doesn't own property or have parents (anymore). She is separated from my father. But she has very close relatives - brother, sister, aunts, nieces and nephews. She lives in my uncle's home and shares some of their childcare responsibilities.

Should I get a letter from my uncle to confirm:
1. Their second home where she lives has been her permanent residence for 17 years and is her home for all intent and purposes. And she maintains the property through her savings.
2. Close ties with family - regularly involved in childcare
3. Will be coming back to help with wedding preparations for my cousin brother.
4. Anything else that would help?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated!!

My son is autistic so its not possible for me to take him to India. The only way for her to meet and spend time with my kids is to come to the UK.

Many thanks!

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visitor Visa Letter from family to show ties in home country

Post by Ticktack » Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:15 pm

tii051 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:12 am
Hi all,

My mother is applying for her visitor visa. She has visited before for 6 weeks for my wedding in 2013. (Stayed for the time stated on visa application)

She doesn't own property or have parents (anymore). She is separated from my father. But she has very close relatives - brother, sister, aunts, nieces and nephews. She lives in my uncle's home and shares some of their childcare responsibilities.

1. Their second home where she lives has been her permanent residence for 17 years and is her home for all intent and purposes. And she maintains the property through her savings.

My son is autistic so its not possible for me to take him to India. The only way for her to meet and spend time with my kids is to come to the UK.

Many thanks!
She shouldn't have a problem renewing her visa. It helps when you've been to the UK before and renewing the visa gets easier. There's a lesser scrutiny on renewals. The general consensus is that every applicant is treated as potential absconder. The fact that she crossed that threshold of trust helps with the visa application.

Chuck in as much evidence as you can. Show proof of funds that you're sponsoring her. She shouldn't have a problem.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

tii051

Re: Visitor Visa Letter from family to show ties in home country

Post by tii051 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:39 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:15 pm
tii051 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:12 am
Hi all,

Many thanks!
She shouldn't have a problem renewing her visa. It helps when you've been to the UK before and renewing the visa gets easier. There's a lesser scrutiny on renewals. The general consensus is that every applicant is treated as potential absconder. The fact that she crossed that threshold of trust helps with the visa application.

Chuck in as much evidence as you can. Show proof of funds that you're sponsoring her. She shouldn't have a problem.
Thank you very much! I was hoping that might be the case. I will absolutely add a lot of evidence.

tii051

Sanity check on supporting documents submission

Post by tii051 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm

I completed my mother's visitor Visa application online.

Website said two options for submitting supporting documents, upload copies or take originals or copies to appointment.

Does that mean I can just upload all sponsorship and relationship evidence directly?

Or does my mother still need to print everything and take to VFS appointment? (I would rather not send bank statements over email to be printed out in an internet cafe)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Sanity check on supporting documents submission

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:46 pm

tii051 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm

Website said two options for submitting supporting documents, upload copies or take originals or copies to appointment.

Does that mean I can just upload all sponsorship and relationship evidence directly?

Or does my mother still need to print everything and take to VFS appointment? (I would rather not send bank statements over email to be printed out in an internet cafe)
The whole world is trying to reduce their carbon footprint. Everything is done online now. Soft copies uploaded on the system by yourself or your mum would suffice. provided you upload everything correctly, all she needs to do is turn up the visa application center with her passport. She can go with a soft copy on a flash drive if that would make you sleep better.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

tii051

Post by tii051 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:28 am

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:46 pm
tii051 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm

The whole world is trying to reduce their carbon footprint. Everything is done online now. Soft copies uploaded on the system by yourself or your mum would suffice. provided you upload everything correctly, all she needs to do is turn up the visa application center with her passport. She can go with a soft copy on a flash drive if that would make you sleep better.
Great, thank you for your help. Much appreciated!

Divu

Post by Divu » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:53 am

My mum is in a very similar situation as yours! What financials are you showing for her, unless you are sponsoring? I am not showing any properties for my mum which has been worrying me :( Please do update how her visa goes.

tii051

Post by tii051 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:43 pm

Divu wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:53 am
My mum is in a very similar situation as yours! What financials are you showing for her, unless you are sponsoring? I am not showing any properties for my mum which has been worrying me :( Please do update how her visa goes.
I am sponsoring her. I am not putting any property documents either. But I put a letter from her family to show family ties and some fixed deposits she had.

tii051

Confusing timescales

Post by tii051 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:50 pm

I am really confused with UK visa timescales. Some entries on the forum suggest they got emails saying it will take ranging from 6-10 weeks. I have not received any emails.

The gov.uk website says decision should arrive 3 weeks from visa appointment for visit visas. What appointment? Biometric appointment? What other appointment is there?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... sit-the-uk

I did book the flights 8 weeks from application date but I am not sure if to cancel the flights and re-book once visa is granted.