ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status / ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

noorbhatti
Newly Registered

Settled status / ILR

Post by noorbhatti » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope all is well.
I have a settled status since last year but I was'nt issued any BRC when I was granted a settled status . I am now travelling to Pakistan and on my Biometric EEA card as its still valid till next year. I have been told by someone that I may face trouble getting back into the uk from pakistan as I have'nt got any card or paper work for my Settled status and \i should apply for a BRC before travelling.
Can anyone on this forum please advice is this correct or I can enter by giving my details on arrival.

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:

Re: Settled status / ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 am

noorbhatti wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:25 pm
Hi Guys,

Hope all is well.
I have a settled status since last year but I was'nt issued any BRC when I was granted a settled status . I am now travelling to Pakistan and on my Biometric EEA card as its still valid till next year. I have been told by someone that I may face trouble getting back into the uk from pakistan as I have'nt got any card or paper work for my Settled status and \i should apply for a BRC before travelling.
Can anyone on this forum please advice is this correct or I can enter by giving my details on arrival.

Thanks in advance
You should upgrade your BRC issued under the EEA regulations to a BRC issued under the EU Settlement Scheme. The old BRC is technically not valid.

Apply: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

noorbhatti
Newly Registered

Re: Settled status / ILR

Post by noorbhatti » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:16 am

Thanks for the help and sending me the link much appreciated. I will apply and update as I am also in the process of applying for british citizenship as well just wanted to apply for that card to travel to my home country in January.

thanks again