ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sole representative + work permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

voipuk
Newly Registered

sole representative + work permit

Post by voipuk » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:01 pm

Hi,

I have a strange case here and hope someone could help me out!

I have been working in the UK for the same company for 4 years. I held a sole rep. visa for the first year, becase I was sending from a company in Taiwan to the UK for setting up a branch company. From the second year, this subsidiary UK company applied work permit for me. However, on my P60 and 4 years' payslip show that I have been working for this same company for 4 years.

8th Jan 2000 - 7th Jan 2001 Sole Rep. visa
---------------- 2007 work permit

Am I entitled to apply for ILR ?

I have consult some solicitors, some gave yes answer, some said no???

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:40 am

No, You cannot aggregate the two categories unless you move to HSMP status (even for a very short period).
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

voipuk
Newly Registered

2000 pounds charge

Post by voipuk » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:55 am

Hi, I found 3 different solicitors who said my case should get approved easily because I have been working for the same company at the same position for more than four years, and that was a technical error at the time when I renewed my visa. My first visa was sole rep. and I should has applied for sole rep. instead of getting a work permit visa. However, the charge for this will be GBP 2000 and no guarantee !!

How do you think? I need more advices!! thanks