ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring my husband (I’m a student)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sxm1256
inactive

Sponsoring my husband (I’m a student)

Post by sxm1256 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi can anyone tell me if it is possible For me to sponsor my husband for a visit visa (2 months) as I don’t work. I only have savings up to £16000.

If not who can sponsor my husband for the visit.
He’s in Pakistan got married 2 years ago.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Sponsoring my husband (I’m a student)

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:32 am

It is entirely possible to Sponsor him will you are a student. Are you a UK citizen?

The issue is not about how much savings you have but the likelihood of his return will be more of an issue. Given you are not employed, been married for two years but he is still not with you, it all points to a potential attempt to get him into the UK while not meeting the Spouse visa requirements.

I am of course guessing but unless you are able to show absolutely that the ties to his home country will 100% ensure he returns I would expect the visit visa to be refused.

The circumstances are very much stacked against him because you are unable to meet the Spouse visa requirements and that will IMHO be the reason they will refuse. As how could he possibly have the ties to return when his wife is in the UK and that is considered the most important tie in the first place.

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 am

I am a UK citizen. Yes I understand that, if I can prove he will return as he has 2 businesses and his sister as his dependent so he can’t stay long.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 pm

The business angle is not a particularly strong point. If the businesses can run in his absence for two months then that suggests they could run without him. It is not a strong tie when you apply the Home Office point of view.

Again the sister as a dependent, in what way is she a dependent? He provides a home, food and money I am assuming. Does she suffer from a medical condition and needs care etc. If there is not an exceptional case to return other than she supports her then that will not be seen as a strong tie either.

Property ownership and care requirements for parents etc are better ties. He is self employed so there is no tie to a job for income to encourage return to avoid job loss.

It will be a tricky application if you decide to make it.

sxm1256
inactive

Post by sxm1256 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Thanks for your view, I can see where you are coming from, have to think about this then