ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship from EU nationality

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

baskey

Sponsorship from EU nationality

Post by baskey » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:25 am

Hi all,

This question i am writing on behalf of my friend. He is WHM and his blood relatives are german citizens. Recently in one of the TV question and answer section about UK law, we understood that other EU nationals, if they stay and work in UK could sponsor their blood relations for the period of upto 5 Years. Is it TRUE?

Whether anyone has some idea please share here.

regards,

Baskey.

John

Post by John » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:40 am

Excuse my ignorance ..... WHM?

Are you talking about the EEA Family Permit? If so, what is the relationship of those German citizens to your friend?

baskey

Post by baskey » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:55 am

John wrote:Excuse my ignorance ..... WHM?

Are you talking about the EEA Family Permit? If so, what is the relationship of those German citizens to your friend?
WHM is Working Holiday Maker from NOn EEA country and his sister is German citizen. I don't know whether it is EEA family permit or not, but it tells about sponsoring blood relatives.. Do u know any thing of that sort.

Thanks John any way.

Regards,

Baskey

John

Post by John » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:20 pm

Brother ... sister ... relationship! I don't hold out much hope of using that provision.

Have a look at :-

Guidance - EEA & Swiss Nationals (INF 18 )

-:and in particular :-
Can my other relatives join me in the UK?
Your other relatives, such as brothers, sisters, cousins etc., do not have an automatic right to live in the UK with you. However we will consider applications for your other relatives to join you if you are working in the UK and:

* they are dependent upon you
* they were living with you before you came to the UK
So as the question is posed as if asked by the German sister .... is her brother living with her? Dependent upon her? I suspect not. So don't think the EEA Family Permit route will work.