ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa, employment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ali541

spouse visa, employment

Post by ali541 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:32 am

Hi to all on the forum. I have a question for anyone that may be able to answer it. my wife has now been inthe uk for just under a month and i was wondering weather there are any restrictions on her applying for work. she is on the spouse visa.

If anybody can help that would be fantastic.

vinny

spouse visa, employment

Post by vinny » Thu May 01, 2008 9:41 am

How do I qualify to join my husband, wife or civil partner in the UK? wrote:At first, you will be allowed to stay and work in the UK for two years. Near the end of this time, if you are still married and intend to continue living together, you can apply to stay permanently in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ali541

Post by ali541 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:44 am

thanks fr the information much appreciated.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Re: spouse visa, employment

Post by gollywood » Thu May 01, 2008 9:45 am

ali541 wrote:Hi to all on the forum. I have a question for anyone that may be able to answer it. my wife has now been inthe uk for just under a month and i was wondering weather there are any restrictions on her applying for work. she is on the spouse visa.

If anybody can help that would be fantastic.
Come on Ali - let her enjoy her self for a bit before having to go through a lifetime of 'grind' :lol:

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 01, 2008 9:49 am

Don't forget to start collecting the documents as suggested in section 10 of the form SET(M) as soon as possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ali541

Post by ali541 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:45 pm

lol she wants to work herself and be involved and pay her taxes. she up for working herself. thanks for the guidance on the documents in section 10

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Thu May 01, 2008 9:44 pm

It is important to save all bills/utilities. Try putting the utilities in joint names. That's very helpful to her application. A joint bank account helps. Same for joint tenancy agreement.

ali541

Post by ali541 » Fri May 02, 2008 8:16 am

okay cool. she has the electricity bill inher name. she has her own bank account..........what else do you recommend doing

macaroni

Post by macaroni » Fri May 02, 2008 9:02 am

ali541 wrote:okay cool. she has the electricity bill inher name. she has her own bank account..........what else do you recommend doing
Did you read my post? JOINT BANK ACCOUNT. JOINT UTILITY BILLS. Joint water bills, joint electricity bills, joint council tax bills etc.

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:21 am

macaroni wrote:
ali541 wrote:okay cool. she has the electricity bill inher name. she has her own bank account..........what else do you recommend doing
Did you read my post? JOINT BANK ACCOUNT. JOINT UTILITY BILLS. Joint water bills, joint electricity bills, joint council tax bills etc.
No need to shout dude!!!

ali541

Post by ali541 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:26 am

lol. well she has her own bank account, electricty bill is on her name, im gonna make our natwest our account a joint accont. water, gas, and council is on my parents name as its their house...

apart from these what other things could i do to build up my case

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri May 02, 2008 4:18 pm

ali541 wrote:lol. well she has her own bank account, electricty bill is on her name, im gonna make our natwest our account a joint accont. water, gas, and council is on my parents name as its their house...

apart from these what other things could i do to build up my case
Put her on your car insurance as a named driver?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 03, 2008 1:19 am

macaroni wrote:It is important to save all bills/utilities. Try putting the utilities in joint names. That's very helpful to her application. A joint bank account helps. Same for joint tenancy agreement.
Form SET(M) wrote:If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you.