ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standar Visitor Visa - Multiple Entry - Rules

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Standar Visitor Visa - Multiple Entry - Rules

Post by Magus1984 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi there,
I am a British Citizen (by Naturalisation). Over the last 5 years my non-uk parents have visited the UK a couple of times using a tourist visa. They have applied each time for a single entry visa.

I am having a baby and I would like my parents to come more regularly so I am thinking on applying to the 5year standard visitor visa for them.

I was wondering where I can find guidance about the rules of this visa? I understand that they could stay for a maximum of 6 months on each visit. But is this 6 months per calendar year?

Thanks,
M

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standar Visitor Visa - Multiple Entry - Rules

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:31 pm

6 months in any 12 months period. They cannot be spending more time in the UK than they do in their home country in any 12 month period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: Standar Visitor Visa - Multiple Entry - Rules

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:02 am

Also see this thread.

The two rules to remember are
(a) Each single visit cannot exceed 180 days, and,
(b) Residing in the UK in the guise of "frequent and successive visits" is not allowed and the Immigration Officer at the airport can cancel the visa at the airport and deport the visitors if, in their view, the visitors are trying to reside in the UK using a long term visit visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.