Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Student need to visit his parents ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:48 pm

Student need to visit his parents ?

Post by softmind82 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Hi i am currently studying in UK , been here from last 4years doing my Bsc and want my parents to visit me...

what should i do regarding that, i mean what documents i need etc ?

i would appreciate your help.


Diamond Member
Posts: 1811
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:01 am

Post by Kayalami » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:51 pm

Your parents must meet the requirements of the immigration rules in the visitor category. The burden of proof that they are bona fide applicants is on them. Given the expense for overseas students in the UK my initial presumption is that their socio-economic ties back home are such that they would meet the key challenge of returnability after visiting you.

You should as a minimum provide a letter from your institution showing that you are a student and progressing appropriately. If your parents are staying with you then you should provide details of your accomodation - tenancy agreement, utility bills. You will also need a letter from the landlord if applicable stating your parents can stay with you. Best to provide details of the accomodation size - get a letter from the local authority stating the palce won't be overcrowded. Delve through the sticky in the family forum for an idea of the detail required.

good luck