ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Priority for Set LR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kanishka79
Newly Registered

Premium Appointment

Post by kanishka79 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:29 pm

I have now completed both my Life in UK test as well as the English tests. I am in the process of gathering all my documents for the application.
I am of the opinion that Premium Appointments are available for ILR applications. Am I right in my assumption? Are premium appointments being given or do I have to do postal submission only? Any advise in this regard will really help me deciding the course of action and planning accordingly.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Premium Appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online.
Depending on your visa category, you will fill the appropriate form online:

Step 1: Pay [fee + super priority fees (if available upon your choice)] and submit application via UKVI ONLINE.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment with UKVCAS.

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
Cullinan
Super priority/priority service is provided by UKVI. Certain categories can benefit from it. Check the link below if you can. However, you still have to go through the above steps until you attend your biometrics appointment. Super priority/priority starts counting time after biometrics appointment (Step 5 as stated above).
https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Premium Appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:49 pm

STEP 3 (booking an appointment with UKVCAS) as above elaborated:
Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
Cullinan
PS: Booking a biometrics appointment with UKVCAS has nothing to do with Super priority service(SP). It is provided by UKVI and time count will start only after biometrics appointment with UKVCAS. Plus SP is not a guaranteed service.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

kanishka79
Newly Registered

Super Priority for Set LR

Post by kanishka79 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:15 pm

Hi. I am planning to submit my 'Apply to settle in the UK: long residence' route - the 10 years path this week. Based on the discussions it seems very clear that I have to wait for at least 6 months to have a decision.
1. Is there a chance that the Super Priority service might be open post April 12th, once we are out of the lockdown?
2. Also will it be advisable to wait till that opens or submit the normal way and wait for at least 6 months for the decision.
3. Can I visit India within these 6 months, when I am waiting for the decision for few weeks?
4. Do I need to send my original present and previous passports to home office? it was explicitly mentioned, that we shouldn't send any documents except Passport has to be original - didn't understand the context, please clarify?
5. Can a standard application be converted to a Super Priority application mid-way by paying the extra fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Super Priority for Set LR

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:32 pm

kanishka79 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:15 pm
Hi. I am planning to submit my 'Apply to settle in the UK: long residence' route - the 10 years path this week. Based on the discussions it seems very clear that I have to wait for at least 6 months to have a decision.
1. Is there a chance that the Super Priority service might be open post April 12th, once we are out of the lockdown?
2. Also will it be advisable to wait till that opens or submit the normal way and wait for at least 6 months for the decision.
3. Can I visit India within these 6 months, when I am waiting for the decision for few weeks?
4. Do I need to send my original present and previous passports to home office? it was explicitly mentioned, that we shouldn't send any documents except Passport has to be original - didn't understand the context, please clarify?
5. Can a standard application be converted to a Super Priority application mid-way by paying the extra fees?
1. We don't know.
2. Your choice.
3. No, if you leave the UK while you have an application pending with UKVI, your application will be considered withdrawn and you lose your fees.
4. No. Everything is uploaded digitally.
5. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vicky12331
Newly Registered
India

Post by Vicky12331 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:36 am

Hello,

Yesterday (5th April) i completed SET (LR) form and i was hoping I would get the option for super priority service on payment page but I was disappointed. There is obly basic service option there.

Home office website clearly mentioned that super priority service is available for 10 years long residence rout
Can you please tell me why it is not available?
Do you know when it will be there?

Thanks

swaraja
Newly Registered
India

Post by swaraja » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have used the super priority service for my iLR application recently under set (o)

application made : mar 02 2021
biometric given : mar 30 2021
decision : pending

its been more than 24 hours no reply from home office through email yet, called on 07/04/2021 the ysaid i will receive decision by 07/04/2021 but i did not receive anything , called again today morning the yasked me to wait 5 working days.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:56 pm

As repeated many times DO NOT tag your questions on random topics. We also cannot help you with UKVI service deadlines or why you did not get a response.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice