ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching As oversea Student dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Junaidbinyasin
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Location: Ilford
Contact:
Pakistan

Switching As oversea Student dependent

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi there,

I have been searching but did not find the realted topic.

I am an oversea Student and have been living here in Uk for Last 8 years, I have just Got extetion last month till July 2011.

I got married in August 2007, But my wife is Also Oversea student, she Got visa till end of oct 2008. But now she is pergenant, And she want to become my dependent, Please can any 1 advice me, How we can switch visa, I mean how can I amke her as my Dependent, wht form do we have to fill.
for your futher info I haven't done the registered married here in local council, I did only My relegious Marriage In my country and here as well, i have got both marriage certificates.

Thanks in advance.

nethoughts
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Re: Switching As oversea Student dependent

Post by nethoughts » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Junaidbinyasin wrote:Hi there,

I have been searching but did not find the realted topic.

I am an oversea Student and have been living here in Uk for Last 8 years, I have just Got extetion last month till July 2011.

I got married in August 2007, But my wife is Also Oversea student, she Got visa till end of oct 2008. But now she is pergenant, And she want to become my dependent, Please can any 1 advice me, How we can switch visa, I mean how can I amke her as my Dependent, wht form do we have to fill.
for your futher info I haven't done the registered married here in local council, I did only My relegious Marriage In my country and here as well, i have got both marriage certificates.

Thanks in advance.
I think switching from student to student dependent is not possible. One of my friend was asked to leave country and was told to apply from his home country.

I may be wrong but my friend did leave UK and applied from India and successfully got dependent visa on his wife's student visa.

sakura
Diamond Member
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: UK

Post by sakura » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:52 am

Junaid,

What type of religious marriage was conducted?

You would have to check that this marriage is recognised by British laws, as if it is not your wife might not be able to apply for a dependent visa. The only options you would have would be to either get married or apply as unmarried partners if you lived together for 2 or more years.

Junaidbinyasin
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:16 pm
Location: Ilford
Contact:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:05 pm

sakura wrote:Junaid,

What type of religious marriage was conducted?

You would have to check that this marriage is recognised by British laws, as if it is not your wife might not be able to apply for a dependent visa. The only options you would have would be to either get married or apply as unmarried partners if you lived together for 2 or more years.
It was Nikkah (Muslim marriage registration)

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 30431
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Junaidbinyasin wrote:I think switching from student to student dependent is not possible. One of my friend was asked to leave country and was told to apply from his home country.
See also Chapter 3 - Students > Section 4 - Spouses or civil partners and children of students (3. DEPENDANTS SWITCHING).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Locked
cron