ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to spouse visa from tier 2 (General visa)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ladeeaqua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Switching to spouse visa from tier 2 (General visa)

Post by ladeeaqua » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:06 am

Hi, I'm pretty much new in here and hoping that you can help me with my query.

So, I have been in the UK for 2.3 years now under the tier 2 visa. Met my other half over a year ago we just recently got married. We decided for me to switch to spouse visa now rather than switching in the future as we wanted more settlement with my job. My current visa will expire in Oct this year and I am not planning to renew my contract with my current employee. I just have a question regarding the financial requirement. As I have been working here in the UK for 2.3 years with the same employer so obviously I will be using my own salary for the income requirement in which I will meet as I earn more than £18600 annually. My only problem is that my current employer won't give me a Certificate of employment wherein all the necessary information with my current will be written. Is there any alternative to this? I can provided all other requirements in his bit (6month original pay slips, bank statements and p60) all but the letter from the employer. Hopefully you can give me an advice for this. Thank you very much!

Casa

Re: Switching to spouse visa from tier 2 (General visa)

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:57 am

In addition to the most recent 6 months payslips + the corresponding bank statements, you are also required to submit confirmation on company letterhead from your employer, the terms of your employment and that this is ongoing.

Is your spouse working?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ladeeaqua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ladeeaqua » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Casa, thank you for your reply. No other alternatives for it? And yes, my spouse is working but he only had a salary raise last May so if we will be using his pay slips, it won't meet the 18600 income requirement on his salary alone.

ladeeaqua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ladeeaqua » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:58 am

Although, I have asked a letter from the HR not so long ago and it has all my employment details apart from the type of contract ( permanent, fixed term etc.) and it also has the purpose where I used it. Can I submit this instead tho? It's dated 3rd of August and my Premium appointment will be on the the 30th of this month. So basically the letter will not be more than 28 days.

ladeeaqua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ladeeaqua » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:22 am

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sampl ... waSIopHBNM:

The letter looks like this. They didn't put the type of employment I have with for the reason I don't know. Probably because my visa will soon be running out?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27 pm

The issue here is that if you are qualifying with your income alone, the Case Worker will expect to see that your earnings will continue to meet the minimum level of £18,600 p.a.

They will be aware that your current visa is due to expire and will want to see evidence of 'guaranteed' earnings beyond that date. :idea:

Will your visa expire before your husband has 6 months payslips showing £18,600 p.a (£9,300 for 6 months) :?:

Do you have savings over £16,000 ?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ladeeaqua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ladeeaqua » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:42 pm

I'm afraid not. If we are going to wait for the September pay slip, I guess it will be too late as my visa will expire 24th of Oct.

No savings above £16000 as well

Is there any other suggestions you can give me with regards to this? It will be much appreciated.

ladeeaqua
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ladeeaqua » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Or would be okay if I present a job offer from a different company as I am planning to apply for a job in the NHS once my spousal visa gets approved. Do you think that will be enough evidence that I will continue to meet the minimum income requirement after I get the visa? Sorry for asking too much questions I'm just really anxious and stressed out about this at the moment and the fact that we booked for Premium on the 30th already. Just want to make sure everything is good before we submit the application.