ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Taking my Fiance to mainland Europe

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

talkingman
Newly Registered

Taking my Fiance to mainland Europe

Post by talkingman » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:30 pm

Hi All!!

Ok. Here's my thing.

My girl is here (UK) on fiance visa. I work for a Dutch employer and may from time to time have to go to head office. Can you please give me some advise on how it will be possible to take her with me.

She has had shengen visas in her passport in the past but they were issued from her home country.

Any advise would be most appreciated

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:05 am

Could you please tell us her nationality?

Thanks

Rogerio

John

Post by John » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:00 am

Talkingman, how long is left on her fiancée visa? If less than three months she will probably struggle to get the Schengen visa she needs to enter any Schengen area country.

Of course after the two of you are married and she then has a two-year spouse visa in her passport then that problem will go away, well go away until the last part of the two years.

Also appreciate that even if she is able to get a Schengen visa now she will need to pay for it and supply evidence to the embassy/consulate concerned. However after the two of you are married and she has a spouse visa she will be a "Family Member of an EU Citizen" and thus Schengen visas will be free and much less evidence will need to be supplied.
John

talkingman
Newly Registered

Post by talkingman » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:54 pm

Thanks for the info guys. She is Ukrainian. She has only just arrived so has plenty of time left on her visa. I think that we will wait until we are married which is only a couple of months away and then from what i see she will be able to travel with me with less hassle than before marriage.

thanks again for your help