ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT - Bringing Parents as visitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

purushotham
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 ICT - Bringing Parents as visitors

Post by purushotham » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2 ICT visa and my visa is about to expire on Apr 17th 2020.

I need to bring in my parents in March 2020. So I am a bit confused as my visa runs out and how would Home office consider my parents visitor visa.

1. In this case how long will the duration of their visa will be (as visitors when my visa is not much)

Few friends gave me suggestions came form my friends saying that I need to apply their visitor visa independent of mine and not to mention about me.

I don't want to do that as the Home office will any ways know about their details which I have submitted as part of my application earlier.

2. So could anyone let me know what is the right process to go about my parents visitor visas.

Many thanks in advance.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT - Bringing Parents as visitors

Post by poper » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:54 pm

general-uk-immigration-forum/standard-v ... l#p1397791

Refer a similar scenario I experienced 3 years back.
I mentioned in the covering letter that my ICT visa would be extended
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

SKJ1984
India

Re: Tier 2 ICT - Bringing Parents as visitors

Post by SKJ1984 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Just don't worry about your visa. Visitor visa will be granted for 6 months irrespective of your visa length. You need not give your visa details unless you are hosting them or sponsoring their trip.

You can host and sponsor them for their stay if they don't have funds for trip. Mention always tourism or meeting family members in UK as main purpose of visit.

Ideally submit an itinerary for a week or so and provide funds to cover that period.