ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with Home Office Refugee travel document

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

glas195

Travelling with Home Office Refugee travel document

Post by glas195 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:36 pm

Hello,

I am planning to travel to Germany via Ryanair. The Germany embassy's website marks that holders of home office convention travel document can go to Germany visa free.

I wanted to know if someone has already traveled to Germany with Ryanair using the home office convention travel document, how as the experience, etc

Thanks

glas195

Re: Travelling with Home Office Refugee travel document

Post by glas195 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:42 pm

Update: I made the trip and everything went smoothly, no hassle.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:28 pm

Good on the update, thanks

Yas17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Yas17 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:16 pm

Hi,

I am planning to travel Italy, has anyone travel to Italy before with uk refugee convention travel document, do I need a visa or is it visa free country? please, share your experience.

Thank you

Kind regards,
A

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:27 pm

Yas17 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:16 pm
Hi,

I am planning to travel Italy, has anyone travel to Italy before with uk refugee convention travel document, do I need a visa or is it visa free country? please, share your experience.

Thank you

Kind regards,
A
https://conslondra.esteri.it/en/servizi ... -document/
Holders of 1951 Geneva Refugee Convention Travel Document (Blue) and Holders of 1954 UN Convention Travel Document for Stateless (Red) issued in Great Britain can travel visa free up to 90 days.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:38 pm

Yas17 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you

Kind regards,
A
At the back of your convention document, I believe it shows the EU countries (visa free) that you can travel to. However, some countries could still be funny at port of entry Especially with TD's. So you're better off calling the embassies and finding out.
No one is ever guaranteed entry to a country that isn't of origin or residency.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

glas195

Post by glas195 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:32 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:38 pm
Yas17 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you

Kind regards,
A
At the back of your convention document, I believe it shows the EU countries (visa free) that you can travel to. However, some countries could still be funny at port of entry Especially with TD's. So you're better off calling the embassies and finding out.
No one is ever guaranteed entry to a country that isn't of origin or residency.

There is no such list at the back of the travel document. May be in older or most recent versions.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

glas195

Post by glas195 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:00 pm

I would not trust that information. From personal experience, Ireland is not visa free Also, if you read the comments you'll notice people had different experiences. I can only advice one to ring up the embassy verify before making any travel plans.

However, this document on the portugese immigration website gives more accurate information: https://vistos.mne.gov.pt/images/scheng ... tion_6.pdf

The visa-free countries mentioned there are:
Germany
Croatia
Italy
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Hungary
Netherlands
Slovenia
Finland
Switzerland

Moka
Newly Registered

Post by Moka » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:21 pm

Yas17 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you

Kind regards,
A
Did you manage to go to Italy? If yes, which airline did you use? I know Italy doesn't require a visa, but some airlines can still stop you and you could end up losing your ticket.

glas195

Post by glas195 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:55 pm

Hi team,

I stumbled on this tool from KLM airlines whilst preparing for my next trip: https://klm.traveldoc.aero/

it can be used to check visa restrictions for travelers with UK refugee travel documents.

When checking, under "Your travel documents", don't forget to equally add info about your residence permit.
Enjoy!

Audrey2020
Newly Registered

Post by Audrey2020 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:02 am

Hi. Can we travel to France visa free with the refugee travel document please? I also have a biometric residence permit card. Thank you.

Yas17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Yas17 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:10 am

Moka wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:21 pm
Yas17 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you

Kind regards,
A
Did you manage to go to Italy? If yes, which airline did you use? I know Italy doesn't require a visa, but some airlines can still stop you and you could end up losing your ticket.
Hi, yes i did manage to visit Italy.

glas195

Post by glas195 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:33 pm

Audrey2020 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:02 am
Hi. Can we travel to France visa free with the refugee travel document please? I also have a biometric residence permit card. Thank you.
no you need a visa

Yas17
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Yas17 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:48 pm

Hi,

Has anyone travelled to Egypt with the uk refugee document, do we require a visa please, can someone share their experience.

Thanks

Jay8
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Jay8 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:06 pm

Hi my wife Has a uk travel document blue colour and a brp residence card from the UK. I am not sure if she can travel to Italy or not. The consulate doesn’t pick up and there is mixed information online. Could anyone advise
Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:44 pm

https://conslondra.esteri.it/en/servizi ... -document/

If you're unsure, get a visa? Or get a hold of them after Christmas.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.