ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor Visa for my Father and Mother in Law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

paranoid
Newly Registered

UK Visitor Visa for my Father and Mother in Law

Post by paranoid » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi

I want to apply for Visit Visa for my father in law and mother in law to visit their granddaughter in London. They have not traveled anywhere in the last 10 years as they both hate air travel. Its only now that I was able to convince them to visit us in London. Father in law has a property in his name worth £80,000. Has a bank account in which he gets regular money (approx. PKR100,000 per month) from his son in Pakistan as he is retired and dependent on his son. Mother in law has no bank account and is a full time house wife.

I am sponsoring their visit. I and my husband both have jobs and have a household income of £50,000 plus per annum. I also have saving in my bank account of £50,000 plus so plenty of money for their flights and travel expenses. I have a 3 bedroom flat and me my husband and our daughter are the only 3 occupant so plenty of space for their accommodation during their visit.

I see from google searches that a lot of visa get refused because of failure to provide evidence/reasons for returning. Since they don't have jobs,(for returning home purpose) is it possible that I can deposit lets say £10,000, £20,000 or whatever as a security with Home Office to guarantee their return after their visit?

I would highly appreciate your responses.
Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Visitor Visa for my Father and Mother in Law

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:51 pm

say £10,000, £20,000 or whatever as a security with Home Office to guarantee their return after their visit?
HO don't work like this unfortunately in terms of 'security bond to guarantee their return'. In addition to that, any large deposit to them without the paper trail etc will cast doubt on their 'independence' and 'reasons to return home' and would appear that they are dependent on you (and your brother) for their day to day requirements.

HO want to see THEIR ties home country, ie social, family, property, employment, income, pension, etc etc.

How long were they planning to visit the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paranoid
Newly Registered

Post by paranoid » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:05 pm

I want to apply for say 2 or 5 year multi, so they can visit every so often 1 or 2 month visit say every year. I want them to stay in touch with their granddaughter. Mostly importantly I want my daughter to be able to have affiliation with her grand parents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:06 pm

As they have virtually no travel history anywhere, unlikely they will get a 2 or 5 year visit visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

paranoid
Newly Registered

Post by paranoid » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:45 pm

You recon a visa for 6 months is more likely to be accepted than a 2 or 5 year visa? say if they visit for 2 to 3 weeks. and then next time maybe I could apply for a longer visa?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:06 pm
As they have virtually no travel history anywhere, unlikely they will get a 2 or 5 year visit visa.
Do not waste time ,money or effort applying for a 2 or 5 year visa. It will be refused because of the lack of travel and the dependence on income from their child is not a positive factor either.

Apply for a six month visa and maybe one after that before you attempt to apply for a longer period.

paranoid
Newly Registered

Post by paranoid » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Thank you very much guys for your responses.

My father in law and mother in law have actually travelled a lot but not in the past 10 years. They have travelled all of Europe and UK back in 1970s and 80s. I'm wondering would that count as at that time they were young and had financial motive now they are 70+ why would they want to stay in London at this age when all their family life and social life is in Pakistan.

I was also thinking would it be a good idea to book a holiday for them for Dubai or Maldives in October 2019. That would show that they have commitments and reason for returning?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:25 pm

now they are 70+ why would they want to stay in London at this age
You being here and the NHS etc. Yes many have abused the visitor visa by using it simply to get into the UK and the submitting frivolous application to try stay because family here, being old etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

paranoid
Newly Registered

Post by paranoid » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:25 pm
now they are 70+ why would they want to stay in London at this age
You being here and the NHS etc. Yes many have abused the visitor visa by using it simply to get into the UK and the submitting frivolous application to try stay because family here, being old etc etc.
I agree. Hence the reason I'm even on this forum. But I don't see how that is connected to my situation? Are all visitors to be rejected? the point of this thread would be to help and find a solution for those who play by the book. I have been working and paying taxes since I was 17, 20 years now and I have never claimed a single penny in benefits. It hurts me too when people use my money by taking advantage of the system.

I'm not here seeking a shortcut but an understanding of my situation and the best way forward.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Many get refused but many also get visas. It all depends on the strength of the supporting documents sent to prove strong ties to home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)