Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bibi2
Newly Registered

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by bibi2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm

michali wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 pm
bibi2 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm
oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:13 pm
wow again, something happened today

Route: SET(M)
Online submission: 12/11/18
Wife eligible to apply from 28/11/18 (5 yrs from entry to UK minus 28 days)
Premium appointment: Mark Lane, London 30/11/18
Four escalations
Email confirming ILR granted: 01/01/19

I think the logjam might finally be clearing, I was one of the November ones, we might get few more now that the neverending holiday season is over.

hang in there everyone 8)

Unlike the SET (LR) applications that caseworkers can grant ILR if they consider the applicatiin 28 days before qualifying date, SET (M) Guidance only allows caseworkers to add 28 days to the date of submission, and not the date of decision (read the 3 situations in the Guidance).

They had held the apication until the actual qualifying date.
Do you have a link for that please? I don't understand. Are you saying that applications for SET(M) cannot be submitted 28 days before the 5 year anniversary to qualify?
Page 9 of Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK, Version 17.0.

'Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would
reach the end of the specified period.

You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backward from
whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application'

As you can see, caseworkers cannot add 28 to the date of decision. So they either ignore this and grant ILR, or keep the application for further 28 days and then grant ILR.

I don't want to defend HO staff but some have submitted too early could be rejected but caseworker are doing them a favoud (very rare case).

The case is totally different for SET LR. The Guidance for these applications refers to 28 days from the date of decision (which is obviously after biometric enrolment).

I submitted an application for a client in early December but later realised the risk of refusal and loss of £3000 so I have postpond his appointment to mid-Jan.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm
someone will have to take over my list editing duties :)
oldmankensey, will you be applying for citizenship now, or have you had enough ? !! I’m going to apply for citizenship next...wanted to see if anyone from this forum will be joining me...😁

amyabaker
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by amyabaker » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 pm

Hello, would anyone be kind enough to copy and paste the confirmation email they got from the Home Office after using the Super Priority Service? I applied for Set (M) today in Croydon on the 5 year spouse route and got a very cryptic email from Home Office on the same day. See below:

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been decided. You will receive your decision letter in due course. Thank you for using our super priority service.

I’m tying to decipher why they didn’t just tell me outright whether my application was approved or not. And no mention of the BRP ... Hmmm.

Hoping someone can help me! I’m quite worried.

allyf
Canada

Post by allyf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 am

amyabaker wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:47 pm
Hello, would anyone be kind enough to copy and paste the confirmation email they got from the Home Office after using the Super Priority Service? I applied for Set (M) today in Croydon on the 5 year spouse route and got a very cryptic email from Home Office on the same day. See below:

I’m pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain has now been decided. You will receive your decision letter in due course. Thank you for using our super priority service.

I’m tying to decipher why they didn’t just tell me outright whether my application was approved or not. And no mention of the BRP ... Hmmm.

Hmmm that definitely is cryptic...the email I received was similar however clearly stating “approved.” But I don’t want to panic you, I’m sure the outcome is positive especially since they have sent it to you within the same day. If it was negative, I doubt it would come back that quick....

bibi2
Newly Registered

Post by bibi2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:47 am

divide_by_zero wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:42 pm
michali wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 pm
bibi2 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:08 pm
oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:13 pm
wow again, something happened today

Route: SET(M)
Online submission: 12/11/18
Wife eligible to apply from 28/11/18 (5 yrs from entry to UK minus 28 days)
Premium appointment: Mark Lane, London 30/11/18
Four escalations
Email confirming ILR granted: 01/01/19

I think the logjam might finally be clearing, I was one of the November ones, we might get few more now that the neverending holiday season is over.

hang in there everyone 8)

Unlike the SET (LR) applications that caseworkers can grant ILR if they consider the applicatiin 28 days before qualifying date, SET (M) Guidance only allows caseworkers to add 28 days to the date of submission, and not the date of decision (read the 3 situations in the Guidance).

They had held the apication until the actual qualifying date.
Do you have a link for that please? I don't understand. Are you saying that applications for SET(M) cannot be submitted 28 days before the 5 year anniversary to qualify?
I am unsure about this, too. The guidance (19 Dec 2018 version) says on page 17/125:

"A person in the UK with entry clearance or limited leave to remain granted on the basis of family life on a 5-year route, in an application made from 9 July 2012, should apply for further leave to remain no more than 28 days before their extant leave expires or no more than 28 days before they have completed 30 months in the UK with such leave."

So does this mean you can APPLY 28 days in advance of your eligibility period, but you won't get a decision until you have completed the entire 5 years?
The above quote (p 17/125) is entirley separate thing from what I'm saying. Of course you can apply 28 days in advance, but you cannot apply 40 days in advance (online) and have your appointment within 28 days (except SET LR).

It is the date of application (online application) that counts as date of submission, and not the date of appointment.

Why I posted this - someone was complaining that they had not received a response to an application submitted online 44 days before 5 years (appointment was within 28 days). This application could be refused. The caseworker had held the application instead of refusing it.

Udani
Newly Registered

Post by Udani » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:05 am

Hello everyone;
i have been reading posts on new UKVCAS system, this forum is a blessing for people like me. i need advice about online application to apply for ILR from PBS dependent.

My husband is currently applying for ILR following 5 years residence on PBS dependent visa. I was on Tier 1 G then got ILR then naturalized. we used SET (O) Form online.

I was hoping that it is still the same requirements as Set (O) paper form. However, the online application does not ask for many documents which were compulsory with paper form, unless I'm missing something.

From the documents to submit to the UKVCAS following the application submission, there are only the following being mentioned as part of the online application:

1.The passport of the applicant
2. Applicant's Life in the UK Test pass notification
3. Evidence of Applicant's immigration status in the UK
4. Declaration signed by Applicant to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks (separate pdf to be printed and completed by applicant and partner)
5. Current Biometric Residence Permit
6. Language test
7. Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on applicant for joint accounts or
third party support

Are these sufficient and the only docs to submit?

I cannot see any requirement/asking for the following with the online application, are these still required?:

a. my or my husband's Bank statements for verification checks, not being asked
b. Cohabitation proof for 2 years, not being asked
c. maintenance requirement
d. declaring absences for dependents (180 days requirement)
e. Photos not asked for
f. payslips of applicant/proof of income.

please note that i was sponsoring my husband, but i am off work now for two years due to kids and family. so i can't provide my payslips or income proof. my husband is earning about £800/month. i am claiming housing benefit so i hope it will not effect his ILR application.
his appointment is booked for 9th January. so any early reply will be really appreciated,
if any moderator can please advice on my query, i will be so grateful.

Thank you

Best Regards

Udani

manish7490
Newly Registered
India

Post by manish7490 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:40 am

can anyone help with escalations email address or contact details, i have applied using super priority on 23rd Dec for ILR from tier 2 general and haven't heard ever since....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:17 am

manish7490 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:40 am
can anyone help with escalations email address or contact details, i have applied using super priority on 23rd Dec for ILR from tier 2 general and haven't heard ever since....
Have you taken the time to read through the whole thread??? This info has been posted more than once!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badhodor
Mood:
India

Post by badhodor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 am

amyabaker wrote:

That message is fine. Different offices have different templates. Some state in email that it's approved, others just say has been decided. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of mention of BRP. My friend got the exact same msg but had "decision letter and BRP in due course" written. But let's hope for the positive news.

mil10cv
Newly Registered
India

Post by mil10cv » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:16 am

amyabaker wrote:

i got exactly same email on 2nd dec, no mention about BRP, i will update you as soon as i receive the decision letter, hope it will be a positive outcome

oldmankensey

Post by oldmankensey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:29 am

allyf wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:17 pm
oldmankensey wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:59 pm
someone will have to take over my list editing duties :)
oldmankensey, will you be applying for citizenship now, or have you had enough ? !! I’m going to apply for citizenship next...wanted to see if anyone from this forum will be joining me...😁
Yes, my wife will be doing the passport next, but probably not until the summer.

This whole process has taken its toll so we'd like to catch our breath a bit. We know the citizenship process will be a sunny walk in the park compared to ILR, but I don't think either of us is ready to return to the warm, loving arms of UKVI just yet.

divide_by_zero
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by divide_by_zero » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:22 am

amyabaker wrote:

How much did this cost?

shreehari
Nepal

Post by shreehari » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:26 am

Hi Guys,
first of all, I would like to thanks the members and moderators on this forum for being incredibly helpful with all the queries ..you guys have been amazing !
Just thought of sharing my experience with super priority application.
I had applied on-line on dec 11 (my first visa was issued on jan04, so was eligible after dec07 as per 28 days rule) , but only could find appointment for yesterday ( jan03) at Croydon.
I had uploaded all the documents prior , but they scanned passport again at the centre. The process was easy and didn't take much time. I had appointment at 8 am in the morning and left centre around 8:40 ish.

Around 2 o clock in the afternoon, i got an email saying it was granted and biometrics and letter will follow. Its been a big relief , now waiting for the BRP. I probably got lucky , in the sense , it was looked into on right time , and hopefully after initial hiccups , they are getting better at it. I hope , they understand the reason why people pay for super priority service.:)
I wish you all the best, with your applications ...Good Luck !!

shashankverma6
Newly Registered

Post by shashankverma6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:37 am

For all the people who have received the email confirming that their application was successful, how many days after the email, did you get the BRP in your mail?

Thank you in advance.

SidiBou
Mood:
Tunisia

Post by SidiBou » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:38 am

Congrats!!!

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am

Very useful thread as we are getting alot of info. I am about to submit my application by choosing super priority service. I have 1 question. when we are redirected to sopra site for document upload and choosing appointment, can we choose appointment venue anywhere or it has to be closest to our home address.
And also please tell me how likely is it to get an appointment in a week time. Issue is i will be flying for holidays in 1st week of march and just dont want to risk by submitting this application. If i get an appointment by 20th january i am guessing i will be ok. Please reply

Ursula123
Newly Registered

Post by Ursula123 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:31 am

Hi,
Finally got a decision from UKVI on my application.

My details are below:
Route: Tier 2 dependent visa extension (Spouse currently has ILR)
Online submission: 13-Dec-2018
Biometrics appointment: 28-Dec-2018
Email from UKVI: 4-Jan-2019 to say that my application has been granted
Service: Super priority service.

I wrote to my MP (3-Jan-19) and called UKVI today (4-Jan-19) to escalate my application because I was in urgent need of my application status due to personal reasons.

Thank you to everyone that has shared their experience. It was really helpful.

All the best to people still waiting for a feedback. I pray it will be positive. :)

vpruk
Mood:

Post by vpruk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:38 am

Happy New Year All ! Good start of a year - Good News.

Thanks to each and everyone in this forum who helped me and guided me thru my visa process.

Thanks to members of this forum who keep updating things which helps others to know what is going on.

My Application timeline:

Visa Type: SET LR - Super Priory UKVCAS
Online submission date: 24/12/2018
Bio-metric submission date: 27/12/2018 @ premium lounge, mark lane london
Automated email received on 27/12/2018 @ 2pm saying - application received and under consideration. The decision would be made within 6 months time.
Dx Email received : 04/01/2019 5am saying Home office parcel with BRP is due to deliver with tracking number.
Royal mail Letter received: 04/01/2019 11:30am saying ILR approved dated 02/01/2019.

I pray and best wishes to everyone who are still waiting for an email or letter but i am sure things are getting faster lately so don't worry guys. I know how it would feel without any communication from home office after expensive fees.

I thanks again for all your help especially respected Guru CR001. I have to do my daughters MN1 and wife's FLRM Next -hope it goes well too.

Kindest regards
vpruk

Ritchie12
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Ritchie12 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:48 am

divide_by_zero wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:22 am
amyabaker wrote:

How much did this cost?
@divide_by_zero, are you asking for the cost of the UKVI application. If YES, then, you should see pricing on the UKVI website when you apply. According to UKVI,

"Standard service : pay 2408.20 GBP, most people get a decision within 6 months after attending their biometrics appointment
Super Priority : pay 3018.20 GBP, most people get a decision on the next working day after attending their biometrics appointment"

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:50 am

dilse4srk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am
Very useful thread as we are getting alot of info. I am about to submit my application by choosing super priority service. I have 1 question. when we are redirected to sopra site for document upload and choosing appointment, can we choose appointment venue anywhere or it has to be closest to our home address.
And also please tell me how likely is it to get an appointment in a week time. Issue is i will be flying for holidays in 1st week of march and just dont want to risk by submitting this application. If i get an appointment by 20th january i am guessing i will be ok. Please reply
By default it gives you the 4 nearest locations.

Out of four, one is a core center with possible out of hours and weekend options for an additional fee. You might even get a free appointment but in my experience it’s always 3 weeks later.

Possibly two library locations for a fee of £60 and in my experience always full for next two weeks but I can guarantee you will get one on the 15th day if you login exactly on midnight ( they update around 00:00)

Ofcourse the fourth being premium lounge in London for £260 and guarantee an appointment within next five days but again in my experience you can get almost next day with this option.

And there is no restriction which center you can choose all you need is try with different postcode. There might a list of 57 centres with postcodes on the web and you can try each one if you want.

Note: The appointment time scales I mentioned is based after you logged into sopra site.