Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post Reply
bibi2
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:28 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by bibi2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:26 pm

pinam wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm
Hello,

I wanted to share my experience about super priority service

ILR application through Tier 2 General SET(O) after completion of 5 years
Online application submitted:03/12/18
Automated email received on 03/12/18 with case ID info saying application has been received and is being considered.
Biometrics at Sopra Steria Birmingham facility:14/12/18

I did not receive any feedback. The only mail I received was " application is still under consideration and they expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application" which I think is the generic email after reading the conversation chain. I escalated this twice with UKVI but no feedback yet. I am also thinking to escalate this through MP but will wait until next week as I have been told to wait for 5 working days. I will post later as soon as I get decision from UKVI.

Regards,
pinam
What is/was the date you actually qualified for settlement (without the 28 days deduction)? On or before 31st dec?

bibi2
Newly Registered
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:28 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by bibi2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:28 pm

praveenv wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:37 pm
Hi,

Application submitted: 08 - dec-18
Biometrics done : 19-dec-18 @ mark lane premium
Service : set (o) super priority

No communication , decision or letter from home office yet.
What is/was the date you actually qualified for settlement (without the 28 days deduction)? on or before 5 Jan?

Udani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Udani » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm

bibi2 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:26 pm
pinam wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm
Hello,

I wanted to share my experience about super priority service

ILR application through Tier 2 General SET(O) after completion of 5 years
Online application submitted:03/12/18
Automated email received on 03/12/18 with case ID info saying application has been received and is being considered.
Biometrics at Sopra Steria Birmingham facility:14/12/18

I did not receive any feedback. The only mail I received was " application is still under consideration and they expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application" which I think is the generic email after reading the conversation chain. I escalated this twice with UKVI but no feedback yet. I am also thinking to escalate this through MP but will wait until next week as I have been told to wait for 5 working days. I will post later as soon as I get decision from UKVI.

Regards,
pinam
What is/was the date you actually qualified for settlement (without the 28 days deduction)? On or before 31st dec?
Hi
Did you submit documents in required list or you added further documents as well. The list of required documents from online application is very short. So i don't know if should submit extra docs.

Thank you

mjuk
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mjuk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:19 pm
applying for ILR SET (O) (5 years with Tier 2). Working with tight timelines (literally a day or 2) as I'm between jobs so extremely stressed
How are you qualifying for ILR if you are not working for your Tier 2 sponsor (if that is what you mean by 'between jobs')?
By between jobs I meant I have accepted an offer and have to resign within a day or two to be able to start on time. Still employed with a sponsor..

praveenv
Newly Registered
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by praveenv » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:34 pm

bibi2 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:28 pm
praveenv wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:37 pm
Hi,

Application submitted: 08 - dec-18
Biometrics done : 19-dec-18 @ mark lane premium
Service : set (o) super priority

No communication , decision or letter from home office yet.
What is/was the date you actually qualified for settlement (without the 28 days deduction)? on or before 5 Jan?
5 yrs completion / qualification is from 3-Jan-19. Applied before 28 days qualification period.

Josy12
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Josy12 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:41 pm

Just wanted to post my experience as this forum helped me alot with the info needed for my application.
Route: Tier 2 General 5 years
Online application submitted:26 Nov 2018
Sopra appointment: 19 Dec 2018 @ 9.30 a.m, was done by 10 a.m.
Decision email received: 20 Dec 2018 @ 9.46 a.m. see email below

I am pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements has now been granted. You will receive your decision letter and biometric residence permit (BRP) in due course and these will confirm your immigration status. Thank you for using our super priority service.

Decision letter by post: 21 Dec 2018
BRP received: 4 Jan 2019

badhodor
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:05 am
Mood:
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by badhodor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:43 pm

mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:19 pm
applying for ILR SET (O) (5 years with Tier 2). Working with tight timelines (literally a day or 2) as I'm between jobs so extremely stressed
How are you qualifying for ILR if you are not working for your Tier 2 sponsor (if that is what you mean by 'between jobs')?
By between jobs I meant I have accepted an offer and have to resign within a day or two to be able to start on time. Still employed with a sponsor..
You can not start a new job until you have your ILR (brp card) as you will fail the right to work. Depending upon starting a new job on your ILR on time etc. I am sure you can ask them for a week's delay anyway. Getting ILR is the primary objective here, changing jobs can be achieved as long as your right to work and right to stay in the UK sorted out.

mjuk
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mjuk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:54 pm

badhodor wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:43 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:19 pm
applying for ILR SET (O) (5 years with Tier 2). Working with tight timelines (literally a day or 2) as I'm between jobs so extremely stressed
How are you qualifying for ILR if you are not working for your Tier 2 sponsor (if that is what you mean by 'between jobs')?
By between jobs I meant I have accepted an offer and have to resign within a day or two to be able to start on time. Still employed with a sponsor..
You can not start a new job until you have your ILR (brp card) as you will fail the right to work. Depending upon starting a new job on your ILR on time etc. I am sure you can ask them for a week's delay anyway. Getting ILR is the primary objective here, changing jobs can be achieved as long as your right to work and right to stay in the UK sorted out.
Trying everything I can! Don't want to go down the tier 2 route again!

divide_by_zero
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:24 pm
Canada

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by divide_by_zero » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm

I just got off the phone with UKVI (helpline) re: super priority. Here is what I found out about Set(m):

- It is possible for your visa to be approved in the 28 days prior to your "qualifying date" (that is the date on which you reach your time requirement in the UK). So if your qualifying date is 12 February and you can submit your application on 15 Jan, you can be approved between 15 Jan and 12 Feb.
- Your application should be approved in 24 hours
- You should receive your BRP within 3-5 working days after your approval.

The helpline had no wait, had really nice people working for it, and they could answer the questions that I had about my particular situation (timing of application). I would highly recommend it.

pinam
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by pinam » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:01 pm

bibi2 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:26 pm
pinam wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm
Hello,

I wanted to share my experience about super priority service

ILR application through Tier 2 General SET(O) after completion of 5 years
Online application submitted:03/12/18
Automated email received on 03/12/18 with case ID info saying application has been received and is being considered.
Biometrics at Sopra Steria Birmingham facility:14/12/18

I did not receive any feedback. The only mail I received was " application is still under consideration and they expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application" which I think is the generic email after reading the conversation chain. I escalated this twice with UKVI but no feedback yet. I am also thinking to escalate this through MP but will wait until next week as I have been told to wait for 5 working days. I will post later as soon as I get decision from UKVI.

Regards,
pinam
What is/was the date you actually qualified for settlement (without the 28 days deduction)? On or before 31st dec?
I was qualified for settlement from 1st December 2018

User avatar
SidiBou
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 am
Mood:
Tunisia

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by SidiBou » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:01 pm

badhodor wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:43 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:19 pm
applying for ILR SET (O) (5 years with Tier 2). Working with tight timelines (literally a day or 2) as I'm between jobs so extremely stressed
How are you qualifying for ILR if you are not working for your Tier 2 sponsor (if that is what you mean by 'between jobs')?
By between jobs I meant I have accepted an offer and have to resign within a day or two to be able to start on time. Still employed with a sponsor..
You can not start a new job until you have your ILR (brp card) as you will fail the right to work. Depending upon starting a new job on your ILR on time etc. I am sure you can ask them for a week's delay anyway. Getting ILR is the primary objective here, changing jobs can be achieved as long as your right to work and right to stay in the UK sorted out.
Also, keep in mind you will need a letter from your employer with some details (salary, confirm continuous employment, etc.) and indicating that you will continue working with them for the foreseeable future, etc.

SidiBou

oldmankensey
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by oldmankensey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:03 pm

divide_by_zero wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm
I just got off the phone with UKVI (helpline) re: super priority. Here is what I found out about Set(m):

- It is possible for your visa to be approved in the 28 days prior to your "qualifying date" (that is the date on which you reach your time requirement in the UK). So if your qualifying date is 12 February and you can submit your application on 15 Jan, you can be approved between 15 Jan and 12 Feb.
- Your application should be approved in 24 hours
- You should receive your BRP within 3-5 working days after your approval.

The helpline had no wait, had really nice people working for it, and they could answer the questions that I had about my particular situation (timing of application). I would highly recommend it.
there are some great people working for the helpline, really polite, patient and knowledgeable.

one of the main issues with the helpline, however, is the total lack of consistency.

I challenge you to call and speak to three other people and see how many versions of your original answer you get.

I had a yes/no question for them back in November and in the course of two days actually managed to get a 'yes', a 'no' and a 'don't know'. :)

EllenC
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:34 pm
Barbados

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by EllenC » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Didn't have high hopes for using the new UKVCAS Super Priority service,however my experience so far has been surprisingly positive.

Submitted online SET(M) application just before Xmas
Received standard email 2 days later saying it will take up to 6 months to process application
Appointment 04/01/19 Friday 10am
12pm Received a generic email about taking biometric details at post office
2pm Approval email from case worker received

It seems the service has speeding up in the new year. Wish everyone still waiting on this forum can get the good news soon.

badhodor
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:05 am
Mood:
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by badhodor » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm

mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:54 pm
badhodor wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:43 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 pm

How are you qualifying for ILR if you are not working for your Tier 2 sponsor (if that is what you mean by 'between jobs')?
By between jobs I meant I have accepted an offer and have to resign within a day or two to be able to start on time. Still employed with a sponsor..
You can not start a new job until you have your ILR (brp card) as you will fail the right to work. Depending upon starting a new job on your ILR on time etc. I am sure you can ask them for a week's delay anyway. Getting ILR is the primary objective here, changing jobs can be achieved as long as your right to work and right to stay in the UK sorted out.
Trying everything I can! Don't want to go down the tier 2 route again!
I don't think you can even apply for another Tier 2 when you are already eligible for ILR? Maybe someone else can comment on this better.
Like i said, your primary objective has to be ILR rather than changing jobs. I understand the lucrativeness of that. But surely when you are applying for ILR you have got the letter from your current employer and done all the formalities. Right now, most people are getting response in 24 hours and BRP in 5 working days. With regards to your post office enrolment, if you have got a letter with QR code etc. then there is no harm in getting your biometrics enrolled. If you haven't received any letter then there is nothing you can do.
You will have your in-person appointment anyway, so everything can be done there too.

mjuk
Newly Registered
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mjuk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 pm

divide_by_zero wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm
I just got off the phone with UKVI (helpline) re: super priority. Here is what I found out about Set(m):

- It is possible for your visa to be approved in the 28 days prior to your "qualifying date" (that is the date on which you reach your time requirement in the UK). So if your qualifying date is 12 February and you can submit your application on 15 Jan, you can be approved between 15 Jan and 12 Feb.
- Your application should be approved in 24 hours
- You should receive your BRP within 3-5 working days after your approval.

The helpline had no wait, had really nice people working for it, and they could answer the questions that I had about my particular situation (timing of application). I would highly recommend it.
Can you please share the number? Do they give any details on the pending cases by any chance?

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 66081
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:08 pm

badhodor wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:06 pm
I don't think you can even apply for another Tier 2 when you are already eligible for ILR? Maybe someone else can comment on this better.
Like i said, your primary objective has to be ILR rather than changing jobs. I understand the lucrativeness of that. But surely when you are applying for ILR you have got the letter from your current employer and done all the formalities. Right now, most people are getting response in 24 hours and BRP in 5 working days. With regards to your post office enrolment, if you have got a letter with QR code etc. then there is no harm in getting your biometrics enrolled. If you haven't received any letter then there is nothing you can do.
You will have your in-person appointment anyway, so everything can be done there too.
Of course they can, provided they have not reached the 6 year cap on tier 2 General. there is no rule that a tier 2 migrant MUST apply for ILR after 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pinam
Newly Registered
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:14 pm
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by pinam » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 pm

Udani wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm
bibi2 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:26 pm
pinam wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:33 pm
Hello,

I wanted to share my experience about super priority service

ILR application through Tier 2 General SET(O) after completion of 5 years
Online application submitted:03/12/18
Automated email received on 03/12/18 with case ID info saying application has been received and is being considered.
Biometrics at Sopra Steria Birmingham facility:14/12/18

I did not receive any feedback. The only mail I received was " application is still under consideration and they expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application" which I think is the generic email after reading the conversation chain. I escalated this twice with UKVI but no feedback yet. I am also thinking to escalate this through MP but will wait until next week as I have been told to wait for 5 working days. I will post later as soon as I get decision from UKVI.

Regards,
pinam
What is/was the date you actually qualified for settlement (without the 28 days deduction)? On or before 31st dec?
Hi
Did you submit documents in required list or you added further documents as well. The list of required documents from online application is very short. So i don't know if should submit extra docs.

Thank you
I provided documents based on ILR document checklist such as My current and old passport copy, Current BRP, Old BRP canned copy, Salary slips, P60, Employment letter, Life in the UK test pass certificate, University degree certificate for english language requirement, Bank statements, Holiday history of last 5 years and a consent form.

divide_by_zero
Newly Registered
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:24 pm
Canada

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by divide_by_zero » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:11 pm

mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 pm
divide_by_zero wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm
I just got off the phone with UKVI (helpline) re: super priority. Here is what I found out about Set(m):

- It is possible for your visa to be approved in the 28 days prior to your "qualifying date" (that is the date on which you reach your time requirement in the UK). So if your qualifying date is 12 February and you can submit your application on 15 Jan, you can be approved between 15 Jan and 12 Feb.
- Your application should be approved in 24 hours
- You should receive your BRP within 3-5 working days after your approval.

The helpline had no wait, had really nice people working for it, and they could answer the questions that I had about my particular situation (timing of application). I would highly recommend it.
Can you please share the number? Do they give any details on the pending cases by any chance?
I highly doubt it.
This is the website to find out the correct number: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

prejay
Newbie
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by prejay » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:21 pm

divide_by_zero wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:11 pm
mjuk wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:07 pm
divide_by_zero wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:58 pm
I just got off the phone with UKVI (helpline) re: super priority. Here is what I found out about Set(m):

- It is possible for your visa to be approved in the 28 days prior to your "qualifying date" (that is the date on which you reach your time requirement in the UK). So if your qualifying date is 12 February and you can submit your application on 15 Jan, you can be approved between 15 Jan and 12 Feb.
- Your application should be approved in 24 hours
- You should receive your BRP within 3-5 working days after your approval.

The helpline had no wait, had really nice people working for it, and they could answer the questions that I had about my particular situation (timing of application). I would highly recommend it.
Can you please share the number? Do they give any details on the pending cases by any chance?
I highly doubt it.
This is the website to find out the correct number: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Just tried - they have no access to live applications.

sbh123
Newly Registered
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by sbh123 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:42 pm

sbh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:07 pm
Hello -

I availed the Super Priority Service for Tier 2 to ILR route [SET(O)].
Biometrics and Documents submitted on 20th December, Birmingham.
No news yet. Phone HO and was advised to wait for 5 working days + 2 days for the post. They also said many people are not getting emails.

5 working days are over, so expecting the postal delivery by tomorrow (hopefully).

Anyone who applied in Birmingham on 20th December through Super Priority?
Hello -

I called the UKVI call centre today and they took my details as it has been 8 working days since I applied. Shortly after, I received an email from Home Office representative stating that my ILR application has been granted and I will receive the decision letter and BRP in a few days.

I will follow up with the Home Office for not meeting the service standards since I paid additional £600 to get a 24-hour service and see what they have to say. Did anyone talk to Home Office regarding this yet?

Cheers.

Post Reply
cron