General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!
Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.
Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator
- Newly Registered
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:37 pm
CR001 wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:27 pm
PJUKVIS wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:09 pm
kamalshah74 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm
PJUKVIS wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 pm
Set M application made online: 23/3/20
Attended appointment at UKVCAS: 26/3/20
Application successful email: 30/3/20
We received an email this afternoon to say the application was successful. Excellent news!
There was no mention of a refund for taking longer than 1 working day to process the application though. Does anyone know how I go about asking for this?
Excellent! Great stuff. In terms of refund, i understand that you need to write to firstname.lastname@example.org
. I don't have any first hand experience and it might be good to see if anyone else has any advice. I intend to write to them too but first need to get my decision email.
We sent an email to the email address I received the success letter from to ask for a refund and they said that because we were notified within 24 hours that my application was ‘complex’ I’m not entitled to a refund.
Has anyone else had experience of this?
How should I take this forwards? As far as I’m concerned, my application was extremely straight forwards. Given the current climate, they probably didn’t have enough time to review the application in full within 24 hours.
If you received an email from ho shortly after submitting biometrics stating it will take a bit longer to process the application, then no, you don't get a refund of the super priority fee.
We received the ‘complex issues’ email 28 hours after submitting biometrics so in my view they have not met the service standard. I don’t mean to be pedantic but £800 is a lot of money to us in the current climate so if there’s a chance we’re due a refund I would like to try and obtain it...