ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
mail9
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mail9 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 am

badhodor wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:11 am
I think it is totally random how things are being done. The new system is probably causing problems and there aren't proper methods of escalation established I am assuming.

That bit about checks and HMRC etc. is not true, my application is extremely straightforward. 5 years with 1 employer and 3 months before ILR changed employer and got a Tier 2 in august. If they were able to grant tier 2 in august using exactly the same data that they have not much has changed in 3 months.

So, i am guessing its just new system being absolutely in shambles at HO end. Sopra is slick but HO as usual is not upto speed.

It's a waiting game unfortunately.
mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:50 am
badhodor wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:22 am
Called again today at 10:22 am and they found my previous escalation and have escalated again today.

Not sure if the escalation does anything but one can hope.
But yesterday, they have told me that now they cant escalate again as it was already done 2 times ( 3rd Dec and 10th Dec) and as i have received a progress update from UKVI and all i can do is to wait till it comes. The first lady told me not to call till Jan 10 that is 4 weeks after i received the email. i had called again in the evening , another lady who sounded much more understanding, told me to wait as the email indicated that they have received the message about escalation. ( i did tell her that i ahve received three emails over the last 2 weeks about progress update but nothing has happened) she said that she cant tell me when and how i will get information , but for now to forget about super priority bit and wait for a decision and take it from there.
i am really worried now. what they tell is not consistent.
yes mine too , super straight forward - got a tier 2 extension for 3 years in jan 2018 with no problem.

9127
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:52 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by 9127 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:38 am

Has anyone received their BRP card after receiving the approval letter? Especially this week? Thanks

norty109
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 8:51 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by norty109 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am

Badhodar - T-2 switching and ILR have different checks so is not the same. T2 Switch does not entail 5 year of HMRC tax /NI payment assurance, does not have absence criteria, switching from t2 to t2 same category does not involve English language proof, police check are different like simple caution has 2 years mandatory refusal in ILR whereas is only 12 month discretionary in t-2 switch. There are lot of differences but yes I agree the applicant must be informed every 5 days of status if they have charged super priority fees.

Mail9 - If you extended in January 18 for another 3 years that means you have not done 5 years in T2 G alone yet and your ILR has other period of stay from where you switched to T2 G. So presumably they will be checking the leave before T2 G and also T2G and that could possibly take time. But again yes HO must inform the status to you.

sunnysakhi
Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:53 am
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by sunnysakhi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:43 am

Timothy Tao wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:23 am
Still nothing since 28 Nov super slow service for ILR set O..hopeless :( :( :(
Yes it is. On their website they mention that if application will take longer they will let applicant now. But they haven't communicated anything to me since submission of application. Then there is no way we can track the status. Calling call center is of no use, everytime you talk to different people, they give different information. There doesn't seem to be any procedures or policies. Feeling very helpless.

oldmankensey
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by oldmankensey » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:53 am

UKVI will probably go the same way as UKBA, "not fit for purpose".

But it might take another five years for that to happen. Some of us might have got replies to our applications by then. :lol: :P

mail9
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mail9 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:05 pm

norty109 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am
Badhodar - T-2 switching and ILR have different checks so is not the same. T2 Switch does not entail 5 year of HMRC tax /NI payment assurance, does not have absence criteria, switching from t2 to t2 same category does not involve English language proof, police check are different like simple caution has 2 years mandatory refusal in ILR whereas is only 12 month discretionary in t-2 switch. There are lot of differences but yes I agree the applicant must be informed every 5 days of status if they have charged super priority fees.

Mail9 - If you extended in January 18 for another 3 years that means you have not done 5 years in T2 G alone yet and your ILR has other period of stay from where you switched to T2 G. So presumably they will be checking the leave before T2 G and also T2G and that could possibly take time. But again yes HO must inform the status to you.
it was a tier2 dependant extension at 41/2 years as per the new rule and i became eligible by around august 18. so now it is well more than 5 years under tier 2 and main applicant has already got ILR last year.

himanshuc
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:22 pm
Mood:
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by himanshuc » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi guys, been reading the messages here and clearly the new system has been a negative. Visa fees has increased by getting in Sopra in between and yet the service standard has gone backward many folds. I had my appointment on 10th Dec, Monday and clearly looking at the backlogs here I really dont have any words.

mail9
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mail9 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 pm

mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:05 pm
norty109 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am
Badhodar - T-2 switching and ILR have different checks so is not the same. T2 Switch does not entail 5 year of HMRC tax /NI payment assurance, does not have absence criteria, switching from t2 to t2 same category does not involve English language proof, police check are different like simple caution has 2 years mandatory refusal in ILR whereas is only 12 month discretionary in t-2 switch. There are lot of differences but yes I agree the applicant must be informed every 5 days of status if they have charged super priority fees.

Mail9 - If you extended in January 18 for another 3 years that means you have not done 5 years in T2 G alone yet and your ILR has other period of stay from where you switched to T2 G. So presumably they will be checking the leave before T2 G and also T2G and that could possibly take time. But again yes HO must inform the status to you.
it was a tier2 dependant extension at 41/2 years as per the new rule and i became eligible by around august 18. so now it is well more than 5 years under tier 2 and main applicant has already got ILR last year.
dont know though why they gave me 3 years extension as a tier 2 is only eligible to stay for 6 years, giving me 3 years extension would mean 8 plus years

sunnysakhi
Junior Member
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:53 am
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by sunnysakhi » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:38 pm

norty109 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am
Badhodar - T-2 switching and ILR have different checks so is not the same. T2 Switch does not entail 5 year of HMRC tax /NI payment assurance, does not have absence criteria, switching from t2 to t2 same category does not involve English language proof, police check are different like simple caution has 2 years mandatory refusal in ILR whereas is only 12 month discretionary in t-2 switch. There are lot of differences but yes I agree the applicant must be informed every 5 days of status if they have charged super priority fees.

Mail9 - If you extended in January 18 for another 3 years that means you have not done 5 years in T2 G alone yet and your ILR has other period of stay from where you switched to T2 G. So presumably they will be checking the leave before T2 G and also T2G and that could possibly take time. But again yes HO must inform the status to you.
Hi norty109
Well I cannot comment on other cases. You have commented on above two cases. Current Super priority services has replaced previous PSC . In Premium service centres people who had switched from one category to other category used to get decision on same day (if no other issue). The checks that you have mentioned were done then as well and if they used to find any issue with the application where they needed to do further checks they used to communicate that to applicant.
Even in this current system there are instances where case worker has contacted people to know about some issues in their application.
The problem is that there are lot of cases where applicant has not heard from HO since their appointment and this unknown element is causing anxiety and stress .

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi mail9,

It is confusing you said "main applicant has already got ILR last year" - are you not main applicant?
mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 pm

it was a tier2 dependant extension at 41/2 years as per the new rule and i became eligible by around august 18. so now it is well more than 5 years under tier 2 and main applicant has already got ILR last year.

dont know though why they gave me 3 years extension as a tier 2 is only eligible to stay for 6 years, giving me 3 years extension would mean 8 plus years

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75337
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:55 pm

mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 pm
mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:05 pm
norty109 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am
Badhodar - T-2 switching and ILR have different checks so is not the same. T2 Switch does not entail 5 year of HMRC tax /NI payment assurance, does not have absence criteria, switching from t2 to t2 same category does not involve English language proof, police check are different like simple caution has 2 years mandatory refusal in ILR whereas is only 12 month discretionary in t-2 switch. There are lot of differences but yes I agree the applicant must be informed every 5 days of status if they have charged super priority fees.

Mail9 - If you extended in January 18 for another 3 years that means you have not done 5 years in T2 G alone yet and your ILR has other period of stay from where you switched to T2 G. So presumably they will be checking the leave before T2 G and also T2G and that could possibly take time. But again yes HO must inform the status to you.
it was a tier2 dependant extension at 41/2 years as per the new rule and i became eligible by around august 18. so now it is well more than 5 years under tier 2 and main applicant has already got ILR last year.
dont know though why they gave me 3 years extension as a tier 2 is only eligible to stay for 6 years, giving me 3 years extension would mean 8 plus years
The 6 year cap on Tier 2 applies ONLY to the main tier 2 visa holder and NOT to dependents!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Fryman
Newly Registered
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by Fryman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm

The ILR Journey

• ILR Set M Form started in late October
• Tried for weeks to book on the old system
• Applying under the 5 year path as partner of a EU national.
• Self-employed, Supplied unaudited accounts along with accountants letter and all supporting documentation using year 2015-2016 tax year because 2016-2017 was not due to be submitted until the 2nd of November. This should be a very straightforward case, no previous demeanours, visa issues or complexities.
• Filled out all the form and all the way until the payment section in anticipation of trying to book the appointment (old system)
• No appointments across ANY of the service centres in the UK for 45 days similar to what people have mentioned previously.
• Had to fill out the form AGAIN after November 1st because either the application either expired, something went wrong with their backend (they expire after 25 days)
• Fee paid on the 11th of November 3018.20 on a MasterCard
• Appointment was set for 17th of November. Appointment feel + document scanning fee was paid. 295 pounds to sopra steria.
• Appointment was in 20 Mark Lane in London. Very pleasant place to be, almost too pleasant considering it is the home office partner. There’s something dodgy about Sopra steria and their visa processing partner, but I cannot pinpoint what that is.
• The gentleman scanned in every document as per the checkboxes, but could not submit the case saying there is a problem with their system and they have to “manually push it”
• No email notification received.
• No reference number was generated to prove that sopra submitted the application on my behalf.
• Called the ILR number on the 23rd, asked them to escalate the case, mentioning all of the above and they said you will receive an email within 5 days
• Received an email the next day which was too good to be true AND it had a case number in the subject, because it was. Email states “Unfortunately, we are unable to process your referral as our records show that your application is still within the service standard”
• I called the number again stating that I paid for the super premium service and that the service time was 24 hours. They said that this email was sent in error and indeed this is not within the service standard time.
• Received an email shortly after this stating to submit the biometrics. This must be autogenerated, as the biometrics is all part of the appointment….
• She said they have added this note to the case.
• 07/12 Submitted a complaint to the complaints mailbox. 20 day turnaround noted in the email
• 07/12 Submitted a complaint to Sopra Steria, received a response saying they have noted this and will feed this back to their internal process.

So much for a 24 hour service. Noted on the website in the show updates section is that if you travel, that your application will be cancelled. This was added to the webpage one day after I paid, and now stops me for travelling to family for Christmas.

What I want to know is what defines the service standard window. Is it the 24 hours or is it 6 months? I imagine the standard service window will be 6 months, but as you pay for the premium 24 hour service, that should be the one and only service window. The reason I ask is that I shall wait for the response and then look at the possibility of a section 75 on the card as the service is misrepresented.

Has anybody managed to receive a refund from this process? Given the sensitive nature of the application I am thinking that asking for a section 75 now may have a negative impact on the application.

3 weeks and counting.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75337
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Fryman wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm
The ILR Journey

• ILR Set M Form started in late October
• Tried for weeks to book on the old system
Applying under the 5 year path as partner of a EU national.
Why have you applied for ILR under the UK immigration rules if you are on the EEA Route as the partner of an EU citizen?? Set M is not the correct form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cja_1234
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by cja_1234 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:04 pm

mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:50 am
badhodor wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:22 am
Called again today at 10:22 am and they found my previous escalation and have escalated again today.

Not sure if the escalation does anything but one can hope.
But yesterday, they have told me that now they cant escalate again as it was already done 2 times ( 3rd Dec and 10th Dec) and as i have received a progress update from UKVI and all i can do is to wait till it comes. The first lady told me not to call till Jan 10 that is 4 weeks after i received the email. i had called again in the evening , another lady who sounded much more understanding, told me to wait as the email indicated that they have received the message about escalation. ( i did tell her that i ahve received three emails over the last 2 weeks about progress update but nothing has happened) she said that she cant tell me when and how i will get information , but for now to forget about super priority bit and wait for a decision and take it from there.
i am really worried now. what they tell is not consistent.
Hi mali. Does the "progress update" email entail the following:

"Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show that your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours sincerely

UK Visas and Immigration"

mail9
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mail9 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:17 pm

No I am tier 2 dependent. As per the new rules from 2012 a tier 2 dependent needs to stay in uk for 5 years before applying for ILR and should continue as tier 2 dependent until they finish 5 years or more as a dependent; irrespective of the fact that the main Tier 2 holder completes 5 years and gets an ILR.

when I renewed in January, i had still 4 or 5 more months fro 5 years. i applied for extension ( after emailing query and getting response from HO) they called me and asked me to pay some more surcharge than the electronic system asked me to pay and gave me a 3 year extension!

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 pm

You might have to check if your extension in Jan 18 is still PBS dependent or dependent of the settler (as you said the main applicant got ILR a year ago) because the latter would change your status hugely.
mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:17 pm
No I am tier 2 dependent. As per the new rules from 2012 a tier 2 dependent needs to stay in uk for 5 years before applying for ILR and should continue as tier 2 dependent until they finish 5 years or more as a dependent; irrespective of the fact that the main Tier 2 holder completes 5 years and gets an ILR.

when I renewed in January, i had still 4 or 5 more months fro 5 years. i applied for extension ( after emailing query and getting response from HO) they called me and asked me to pay some more surcharge than the electronic system asked me to pay and gave me a 3 year extension!

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 75337
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 pm
You might have to check if your extension in Jan 18 is still PBS dependent or dependent of the settler (as you said the main applicant got ILR a year ago) because the latter would change your status hugely.
mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:17 pm
No I am tier 2 dependent. As per the new rules from 2012 a tier 2 dependent needs to stay in uk for 5 years before applying for ILR and should continue as tier 2 dependent until they finish 5 years or more as a dependent; irrespective of the fact that the main Tier 2 holder completes 5 years and gets an ILR.

when I renewed in January, i had still 4 or 5 more months fro 5 years. i applied for extension ( after emailing query and getting response from HO) they called me and asked me to pay some more surcharge than the electronic system asked me to pay and gave me a 3 year extension!
User mail9 has clearly applied for the correct PBS Dependent visa if it was granted for 3 years!!! A spouse settlement visa is 2.5 years!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilovethebeatles
Member
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ilovethebeatles » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:31 pm

It is ok CR001 - I was just concerned because I looked into that issue a month ago but perhaps my knowledge is not complete :). That is why I just suggest to check, not advise.

mail9
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mail9 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:34 pm

ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 pm
You might have to check if your extension in Jan 18 is still PBS dependent or dependent of the settler (as you said the main applicant got ILR a year ago) because the latter would change your status hugely.
mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:17 pm
No I am tier 2 dependent. As per the new rules from 2012 a tier 2 dependent needs to stay in uk for 5 years before applying for ILR and should continue as tier 2 dependent until they finish 5 years or more as a dependent; irrespective of the fact that the main Tier 2 holder completes 5 years and gets an ILR.

when I renewed in January, i had still 4 or 5 more months fro 5 years. i applied for extension ( after emailing query and getting response from HO) they called me and asked me to pay some more surcharge than the electronic system asked me to pay and gave me a 3 year extension!
i had clarified this with home office at that point of time and they emailed me saying that i have to apply as a PBS dependant with the main applicants Tier 2 details and i did keep a copy of the print out of this email in my old application.

mail9
Junior Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:00 pm

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by mail9 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm
ilovethebeatles wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:26 pm
You might have to check if your extension in Jan 18 is still PBS dependent or dependent of the settler (as you said the main applicant got ILR a year ago) because the latter would change your status hugely.
mail9 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:17 pm
No I am tier 2 dependent. As per the new rules from 2012 a tier 2 dependent needs to stay in uk for 5 years before applying for ILR and should continue as tier 2 dependent until they finish 5 years or more as a dependent; irrespective of the fact that the main Tier 2 holder completes 5 years and gets an ILR.

when I renewed in January, i had still 4 or 5 more months fro 5 years. i applied for extension ( after emailing query and getting response from HO) they called me and asked me to pay some more surcharge than the electronic system asked me to pay and gave me a 3 year extension!
User mail9 has clearly applied for the correct PBS Dependent visa if it was granted for 3 years!!! A spouse settlement visa is 2.5 years!!
i think they want the PBS dependant to complete 5 years and then apply ILR on the basis of completing 5 years as a PBS dependant. i hope this is what they mean.

Locked
cron