ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent information about WP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

gsch77
Newly Registered

Urgent information about WP

Post by gsch77 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm about 3 years into my 5 year WP with my current employer. The company (let's call them company 1) I'm employed by is a subsiduary trading arm of a very large organisation. The holding company (let's call them company 2) now wish to move me directly into their employment.

My WP was originally done under 'Company 1'. If I'm now transferred from the subsiduary company into 'Company 2' (the holding company), will this be seen as change of employer and will a new WP be applied for by 'Company 1'?

I will still be doing the same job function as in Company 1...

I require advice on this as soon as possible please... I'm really panicking about this...

Thanks in advance!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:34 pm

Hello

Your employer should try to find out if a new application is neccessary first. This does all depend on the situation.

Try:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... tem=130805
Work permits customer contact centre

The customer contact centre can answer enquiries about residual work permits
Please be aware that the customer contact centre is currently experiencing very high call demand and therefore you may experience difficulties in contacting us. Please may we apologise for this and for any inconvenience this may cause you.

For email enquiries we aim to respond within 5 working days
Work permits customer contact centre
0114 207 4074

wpcustomers@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Customer Contact Centre
UK Border AgencyPO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA