ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS global - cannot book biometric appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Crystal5042
Newly Registered
Malaysia

VFS global - cannot book biometric appointment

Post by Crystal5042 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:55 pm

Hi I wonder anyone face this issue when attempting to book for the biometric appointment. I apply UK visa from Malaysia. I'm been trying to book for my biometric appointment since last week. However the page keeps on showing me this error

"Sorry, there is currently a problem with the service"

This has driving me crazy. Is been a week. No reply from home office and VFS and I wonder is this just me who has encountered this issue.

SittingImpatient90
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: VFS global - cannot book biometric appointment

Post by SittingImpatient90 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:54 am

Hiya,

It’s been 4 weeks for us. Still no appointments :(

Zt123x
Newly Registered

Post by Zt123x » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 pm

I’ve been waiting nearly 4 weeks now and I still haven’t found an appointment. It’s driving me insane

SittingImpatient90
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by SittingImpatient90 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:25 am

We just got ours! Try at 7.30am Uk time.

ga866197
Newly Registered
Taiwan

Post by ga866197 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:26 am

Hello, I have the same issue :(
Did you solve this problem yet? It also drives me crazy.
If you already solve this issue could you share how you figure this out? thanks!

Crystal5042
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Crystal5042 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:32 am

Hi all,

For your information I managed to get my biometric appointment on 28 Dec 2020. And got my visa approved and returned on 8 Jan 2021 (I paid for priority process).

So what I basically did is call every single number of VFS that I can find on Google and apparently there is no phone number set up for VFS UK in Kuala Lumpur. However they do have VFS Australia phone number in Kuala Lumpur which is +60 3-2166 6550 that available in the Google page. The person answered my call at first just tell me they are processing only Australia visa and UK VFS do not have any phone line setup in malaysia. So basically you can call no one asking about UK visa. However I tried to tell her my story as the biometric system down for more than a week and I'm desperate to get the biometric appointment done as I suppose to start my work already but I'm unable to do so because of the visa. Long story short, she then said she will try to help me by asking the VFS UK visa staff, she just asked me to leave my phone number and said there is no guarantee on anything as she just try to help out of kindness.

I think 2 days after that I got a call from a private number said they calling regarding my biometric issue. They asked me to come for appointment
on 28 Dec 2020 early morning, since I cannot book anything online and cannot make any payment online as well, I will need to bring cash and hardcopy documents to the VFS centre.

And on the appointment day, when I at VFS KL, there was no record for my appointment, and after checking, for whatever reason, my appointment was being booked in Manila rather than Kuala Lumpur. But luckily staff was still kind to let me proceed with my appointment in Kuala Lumpur.

So what I can suggest is just try to call and try your luck. But from what I checked recently. The VFS visa centre is closed in Kuala Lumpur due to covid from 13 Jan 2021 onward. Not sure when they will open. If you live nearby the VFS centre. Worth to walk in to see is that possible for you to have biometric instead of just wait.

grace1306
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by grace1306 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:28 am

Hi Hi,

Have you guys finally managed to book your biometric appointment online?
I am desperate. I have made my payment but I am unable to book appointment and upload my supporting documents.
I have tried everything calling VFS, tried different devices and different browsers, it still didn't load.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
The website keep saying

"Sorry, there is currently a problem with this service"
Please try again later.

We are working as quickly as possible to fix this problem. We advise you to keep checking and when it is available, you will need to continue so that you can provide your documents and biometrics to complete your application.
You can return to your application by logging in via the link that was sent to you in your payment confirmation email. The link will take you to the 'Further actions' page where you should follow the instructions on how to make arrangements to provide your biometrics.

Arksba
Newly Registered

Post by Arksba » Fri May 21, 2021 9:16 pm

Has anyone got a fix for this? Experiencing the same thing!