ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS Global-Karachi asking Money for quick biometric

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samiIB
Newly Registered
Pakistan

VFS Global-Karachi asking Money for quick biometric

Post by samiIB » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:19 pm

Hi,
I wanted to check if this has happened with anyone else.
My mother who is 70+ went for biometric appointment at VFS Global office in Karachi, with my sis in law.
They were told that the process could take 3-4 hours and applicant (my mother) will have to do everything herself, going from counter to counter. And if they want it to be done quickly with 15-30 minutes, it will cost extra 10,000 PKR. They did not allow my sis in law to go inside with my mother, and asked to to wait outside, where there was no seating avaiable.My mother being a simplton that she is, decided to give 10,000 so my sis in law dont have to wait outside for hours.

This sounds like pure corruption to me. I have asked my friend who mother and father in law recently had gone to VFS Global Karachi for their biometric appointment. They said that, not only their son was allowed to accompany them inside as they were elders (same age in 70s like my mother) but the biometric was done precisely in the exact same slot as mentioned on their biometric appointment letter; and it did not take more then 20-25 minutes max.

Can anyone share their experience in this regard?
They did give receipt for PKR 10246 for 'Additional Value Service'

zaynab79

Re: VFS Global-Karachi asking Money for quick biometric

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:37 pm

The VFS offer premium lounge service that provides dedicated staff to do everything for the applicant. However older applicant can be accompanied with a family member in any case. Looks like they were looking to make money (maybe paid commission) and offered her to take premium lounge services. please see this link

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pak/en/gbr/premium-services
even my sister was pushed to take passport delivery as they charge for it and she kept pushing back to collect it and they didn't like it apparently. so think maybe the staff gets commission on selling paid services.
Maybe make a complaint https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pak/en/gbr/faq

samiIB
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by samiIB » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:42 pm

They didn't explain it as Premium Lounge Service, rather they misled her by giving her false information that it takes 3-4 hours....and mader her more vulnerable by not letting my sis in law inside to assist my mother in the process.

I am thinking of complaining to VFS and to Home Office. This is ridiculorus, even worse then NADRA.

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:52 pm

I agree she has been misled that why I said they try to make commission by selling paid services. You must complain.
They even took money from my father saying there is no passport collection so you must paid for passport delivery and he did. Then when my sister went they tried to do the same thing but as she is more savvy in these things she went for collection which is free.

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:10 pm

Please see think kink that leaky states that there are exceptions for elderly people where non applicant can enter - under security regulations
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/pak/en/nld/a ... re/karachi