ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Help - Philippines to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MonkyUK
Newly Registered
Mood:

VISA Help - Philippines to UK

Post by MonkyUK » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi All,

So my girlfriend is wanting to visit me here in the UK soon, I'm aware she'll need a standard visitor visa and a bunch of requirements for this and ties to show that she'll return back to the Philippines. Considering she'll want to be here for a month or two, aside from a return flight back home, what other ties can she show?

Her employer probably won't permit work leave for that duration so she is thinking of resigning but then it looks a bit suspicious to immigration officers that she just resigned and will most likely try and stay in the UK even though its not true.

Any ideas or stories on similar expierences are welcome, thank you

MonkyUK
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: VISA Help - Philippines to UK

Post by MonkyUK » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:48 pm

Also, considering the salaries over there compared to the UK, one of requirements is to show that you're able to support yourself, I'm presuming this is like a worse case scenario if, we didn't end up working out then she'd need to use those funds to support herself through-out the rest of her stay in the UK. Aside from this myself and family are able to provide support and accomodation with a letter including signatures/phone numbers if ever immigration was to call and confirm this. Whether this is good enough I'm unsure.

Any ideas or stories on similar expierences are welcome, thank you