ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISIT FOR MY INLAW

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Samantha1620
Newly Registered

VISIT FOR MY INLAW

Post by Samantha1620 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:17 am

Hello everyone,
I am currently on a 2 years student visa. my mother inlaw want to come and visit 3 months in the uk i have read the conditions for her visit. i am confuse of how much she will need to put in her account. she is a retired teacher she receive pension every month she doesn't depend on us. How much do you think in Pounds she will need to put in her account.

Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: VISIT FOR MY INLAW

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 pm

If she puts money on her account to makes it look good, she will be declined on that basis. Many people I know, including within my own family, got a refusal because they tried to make their account looks better by adding money to it before applying. If she does that, I can guarantee a visa refusal under 4.2.x

She needs to reflect her genuine situation. Which means showing the account she receives her retirement money on and place her savings.

Also, I don't like the idea of her willing to spend 3 months on the first visit ever to the UK. If she can stay 3 months, she can stay 3 years. It means she doesn't have strong attachments to her home country. Can you leave the UK tomorrow and stay 3 months abroad? If you have attachments to the UK such as family, business, responsibilities, you can't stay 3 months aboard.

It's essential that she shows attachments to her home country (not to the UK) and shows accounts reflecting her current situation.

Samantha1620
Newly Registered

Post by Samantha1620 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm

Thank you for your quick response. She as a current account she receive her monthly pension payment and a saving account with another bank she as about £600 pounds as saving is this fine? how many days can she use on her first visit ? my wife is her only daughter she doesn't have anyone depending on her. she is 63 years old

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Samantha1620 wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm
my wife is her only daughter she doesn't have anyone depending on her. she is 63 years old
That considerably weakens her chances of getting a visit visa. The ECO will want to be convinced that she will leave the UK before the end of the visa and not overstay. For that, they will expect strong ties, ideally social and familial, to her country of habitual residence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Samantha1620
Newly Registered

Post by Samantha1620 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:37 pm

She as a strong ties we can prove . how many months bank statement does she need to provide?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:59 pm

3 to 6 months statements would be fine.