ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa from Pakistan to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rukhsarmanzoor

Visit Visa from Pakistan to UK

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:35 am

Hello,

I am a British Citizen and my husband was recently granted FLR for 2.5 years, We would like my father in law to visit us but are unsure of some details

1. In terms of social ties, my father in laws has 4 dependant children, a spouse, and an elderly mother to return to. One child is still at school, father in law pays the fees. Although they live in their own houses, nothing is documented officially or on paper in his name.
- What evidence can be submitted to prove strong social ties?
-My father in law works in a city 4 hours away from the family home. He spends the weekend at the family home and spends the working week at the accomodation provided to him by his department. How do I answer questions about his address and whether dependants live with him?

2. In terms of economic ties, my father in law has a government job, and earns a Grade 20 salary. This is the equivalent of around £1200 after tax and is paid into the bank account in his name monthly. However he has various outgoings every month and leaves little funds in his account
- How many bank statements should he provide?
- How much money should ideally be in his account when applying?
-Aside from a letter from HR about his job role, type, salary and period of employment, does he need a letter about the grant of leave?
- I earn £21,000 per annum, would it be better for me to submit my bank statements and payslips as his sponsor, if so how many statement/payslip? My husband and I will be funding his time in the UK.
- Do I need a letter from my employer?
- If I am providing my bank statements, how much do I need to have in my account?

3. In terms of accomodation in the UK, my father in law will stay with us, we own (mortgaged) a 3 bedroom house, myself, my husband and our 2 year old are permanent residents here.
- What paperwork do I need to provide here?

4. When applying for the standard 6 month visit visa are multiple entries allowed? How long does the applicant have to travel once visa is granted?
Pakistan Spouse Visa Application
Online Application: 01/08/16
Biometrics: 09/08/16, Islamabad
Supporting docs sent to Sheffield: 09/08/16
Supporting docs received back: 12/08/16
Collection: 02/11/16
Visa granted alhamdulillah!

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Visit Visa from Pakistan to UK

Post by Route to ILR » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:35 am
Hello,

I am a British Citizen and my husband was recently granted FLR for 2.5 years, We would like my father in law to visit us but are unsure of some details

1. In terms of social ties, my father in laws has 4 dependant children, a spouse, and an elderly mother to return to. One child is still at school, father in law pays the fees. Although they live in their own houses, nothing is documented officially or on paper in his name.

1. U live in The UK and u know very well that everything is documented here. ECO (Entry Clerance Officer) are UK civil servents. They only accept a document which is on official paper. Now see where u stand.
U can provide school letter and other dependents presence in the home country. what they r doing. If u r from pakistan u can submit nadra family tree.

-My father in law works in a city 4 hours away from the family home. He spends the weekend at the family home and spends the working week at the accomodation provided to him by his department. How do I answer questions about his address and whether dependants live with him?

His home address where he goes every weekend

2. In terms of economic ties, my father in law has a government job, and earns a Grade 20 salary. This is the equivalent of around £1200 after tax and is paid into the bank account in his name monthly. However he has various outgoings every month and leaves little funds in his account
-Aside from a letter from HR about his job role, type, salary and period of employment, does he need a letter about the grant of leave?

2. Yes he needs a leave letter. Keep the visit short 3 to 4 weeks are enough. He needs to show that he can bear the cost of his visit. 3k to 4k is enough but but dont deposit large amount in his bank account at once. Its a straight refusal. Put the money in the bank account and run the account for 6 months. Try not to withdraw large amount from bank account. If let say £1200 coming into his account per month, withdraw only £500.

- I earn £21,000 per annum, would it be better for me to submit my bank statements and payslips as his sponsor, if so how many statement/payslip? My husband and I will be funding his time in the UK.
- If I am providing my bank statements, how much do I need to have in my account?

2 to 3 months bank statement and payslips are sufficient. U need a sponsor letter se well.
But your father in law documents carry more weight than yours. 3000 to 4000 pound,

3. In terms of accomodation in the UK, my father in law will stay with us, we own (mortgaged) a 3 bedroom house, myself, my husband and our 2 year old are permanent residents here.

3.Housing inspection report. Any local estate agent will make it for u for charge.

4. When applying for the standard 6 month visit visa are multiple entries allowed? How long does the applicant have to travel once visa is granted?

4.Yes. Anytime he can travel.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:59 pm

3.Housing inspection report. Any local estate agent will make it for u for charge.
Even when you apply for a settlement visa, housing inspection isn't always required. In this case the OP wants to apply for visit visa and has a 3 bedroom house for a family of 3 (I believe the kid is counted by 0.5, so even less). There is no need for the report. Property deed and a description in the invitation letter will be sufficient.

rukhsarmanzoor

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your thorough responses.
Route to ILR wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 pm
rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:35 am
Hello,

1. U live in The UK and u know very well that everything is documented here. ECO (Entry Clerance Officer) are UK civil servents. They only accept a document which is on official paper. Now see where u stand.
U can provide school letter and other dependents presence in the home country. what they r doing. If u r from pakistan u can submit nadra family tree.

His home address where he goes every weekend

2. Yes he needs a leave letter. Keep the visit short 3 to 4 weeks are enough. He needs to show that he can bear the cost of his visit. 3k to 4k is enough but but dont deposit large amount in his bank account at once. Its a straight refusal. Put the money in the bank account and run the account for 6 months. Try not to withdraw large amount from bank account. If let say £1200 coming into his account per month, withdraw only £500.

2 to 3 months bank statement and payslips are sufficient. U need a sponsor letter se well.
But your father in law documents carry more weight than yours. 3000 to 4000 pound,

4.Yes. Anytime he can travel.

rukhsarmanzoor

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:31 pm

That is my gut feeling too, when we applied for FLR we didn't need to submit a housing inspection report as the house is our own and my daughter counts as 0.5 people. Thanks for the help
iwolga wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:59 pm

Even when you apply for a settlement visa, housing inspection isn't always required. In this case the OP wants to apply for visit visa and has a 3 bedroom house for a family of 3 (I believe the kid is counted by 0.5, so even less). There is no need for the report. Property deed and a description in the invitation letter will be sufficient.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Property inspection report is usually needed when property is being shared with none-related adults.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:00 pm
Property inspection report is usually needed when property is being shared with none-related adults.
Who will tell in the visa application that property is shared with other non related adults, where they suppose to stay during the visit.
People attach the inspection report just for the safe side. I remember in this forum someone parents got refused because in the absence of inspection report ECO believed that property will be overcrowded in case they stay there.
We don't need dozens of other proof as well. But burden of proof is on the applicant and sponsor to satisfy the ECO.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:52 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:50 pm
Who will tell in the visa application that property is shared with other non related adults, where they suppose to stay during the visit.
If the application form asks about the other tenants then it should be replied honestly as HO can easily cross check them simply through electoral register.
Route to ILR wrote:
People attach the inspection report just for the safe side. I remember in this forum someone parents got refused because in the absence of inspection report ECO believed that property will be overcrowded in case they stay there.
The purpose of property inspection report is not just restricted to confirm not overcrowding rather it confirms following as:

Property has been inspected and risked assessed for Category 1 and 2 Hazards to ensure that the accommodation complies with the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the provisions of Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 (i.e. it will not contravene public health regulations).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rukhsarmanzoor

Post by rukhsarmanzoor » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:09 am

There are no other adults living with us, electoral register confirms this, and paperwork for our mortgage and insurances state that it is a 3 bedroom house and residents are just myself, my husband and our child under 16. The house is in both our names. I don't see how a housing inspection report would add any value when we are sponsoring one related adult

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:48 pm

rukhsarmanzoor wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:09 am
There are no other adults living with us, electoral register confirms this, and paperwork for our mortgage and insurances state that it is a 3 bedroom house and residents are just myself, my husband and our child under 16. The house is in both our names. I don't see how a housing inspection report would add any value when we are sponsoring one related adult
You won't need any housing inspection report. 3 bedroom house with sitting room means 4 rooms can easily accommodate up till 5 - 7.5 people.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:18 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:52 pm
Route to ILR wrote:
If the application form asks about the other tenants then it should be replied honestly as HO can easily cross check them simply through electoral register.
Route to ILR wrote:
The purpose of property inspection report is not just restricted to confirm not overcrowding rather it confirms following as:

Property has been inspected and risked assessed for Category 1 and 2 Hazards to ensure that the accommodation complies with the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) under the provisions of Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 (i.e. it will not contravene public health regulations).
@Seagul
Be realistic man. Do they have enough time to check electoral register?Just to confirm the overcrowding???

In second paragraph you already described that there are other benefits of Hosuing Inspection report.

To the OP: Its your choice whether to submit the IR or not. But I always submitted one when sponsoring

somebody.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Route to ILR wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:18 pm
Do they have enough time to check electoral register?Just to confirm the overcrowding???
Yes they usually have abundance of time to carryout further checks and I am not sure whether you read other threads too where if the UKVI can't process an application then usually notify to the applicant about a none-straightforward case. However, in op's situation he has sufficient sized property which can accommodate to 5 - 7.5 people (not sure whether you read previously that's why repeating again)
Route to ILR wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:18 pm
In second paragraph you already described that there are other benefits of Hosuing Inspection report.
Yes property inspection report has other benefits too which inclusion can strengthens the accomodation related documents. But as there will be no none-related adult so no property inspection report will be needed. Take it easy and don't be puzzled from it.