ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa - Is an accommodation report important?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KM0170

Visit visa - should I fill the application as the applicant or as myself?

Post by KM0170 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:15 am

Hi everyone, hope you are well!

Quite a straightforward question hopefully. My wife who is here on a spouse visa and has had her ILR for a few years wants to invite her mother from Pakistan to visit.

Should we be filling out the application on behalf of my wife's mother or as my wife or will it not make much difference?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa - should I fill the application as the applicant or as myself?

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:20 am

The form is completed as the applicant, ie the person applying for the visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:27 pm

KM0170 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:15 am
Hi everyone, hope you are well!

Quite a straightforward question hopefully. My wife who is here on a spouse visa and has had her ILR for a few years wants to invite her mother from Pakistan to visit.

Should we be filling out the application on behalf of my wife's mother or as my wife or will it not make much difference?

Thank you
It does make a lot of difference. Fill the application as your wife's mother.

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:28 am

Thank you!!!

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:01 pm

Hi everyone,

A couple of questions arose while completing the form - not sure if I should make a new thread or put it on here, let me know please.

1/ My wife's passport has her unmarried name on it. After marriage, her surname changed. Should we be using the name on the passport (same as that on the BRP) throughout the application and letters etc?

2/ Should we include any nephews and nieces she has here in the UK under the "Do you have any family in the UK?" section?

3/ There is a section "Will you be staying anywhere else in the UK?". Currently, have this down as no but I'm thinking to change this to yes as she will likely visit and stay with her other relatives that she has here.

Thank you!

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:17 pm

1. It is wise to use her passport and BRP containing the same information. These two are supporting documents.

2. This question is related to your mother in law (the applicant), not your wife, so she needs to respond accordingly.

3. This is related to her main accommodation whilst in the UK. You don't need to count every single place she will visit. A no is enough.

Remember that this form needs to be filled out as the applicant, despite anyone else is doing so.

I did this for my mother just recently and I clearly remember there is one question at the beginning asking who is filling out the form, the applicant or someone else. After you respond that, the form guides you through the rest of the process.

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:18 pm

Thanks.

1/ Okay we'll use my wife's name as it appears on her passport.

2/ Yes I did mean my mother in law sorry for this section sorry.

3/ We will put down a no here. Thanks

Thanks for all your help!

KM0170

Visit visa documents - Document showing landlord registry in original language (non-english)

Post by KM0170 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:38 pm

Hi everyone

As part of the documents for a visit visa application for my mother-in-law we are getting a copy of the land registry. This is in the original foreign language (Urdu) and we have asked if the document can be provided in English and are being told it cannot. Will this suffice or do we need to get it translated? If we need to get it translated can we do this ourselves or will this need to be done by a specific company or something?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa documents - Document showing landlord registry in original language (non-english)

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:50 pm

KM0170 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Hi everyone

As part of the documents for a visit visa application for my mother-in-law we are getting a copy of the land registry. This is in the original foreign language (Urdu) and we have asked if the document can be provided in English and are being told it cannot. Will this suffice or do we need to get it translated? If we need to get it translated can we do this ourselves or will this need to be done by a specific company or something?

Thank you!
1. Topics merged.

2. Any documents that are not in English must be translated by an official translator or government authority. So no, you cannot simply do it yourselves.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KM0170

Re: Visit visa documents - Document showing landlord registry in original language (non-english)

Post by KM0170 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:13 am

Thanks!

We had an accomodation report done in about 2014 as part of my wife's initial spouse visa application. Is it okay to reuse this? There is still enough room for mother in law to visit.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:39 am

KM0170 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:13 am
Thanks!

We had an accomodation report done in about 2014 as part of my wife's initial spouse visa application. Is it okay to reuse this? There is still enough room for mother in law to visit.

Thanks
Accommodation report is not a requirement. It can neither influence positively or negatively your visa application.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

KM0170

Visit visa - Is an accommodation report important?

Post by KM0170 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:11 pm

Hi there

I have been in touch with a lawyer who has advised me to get an accommodation report and include this as part of a visit visa application. However how necessary/important is this? It just looks like it might be a bit of a hassle/take time to get one so wonder what impact it will have if we don't include this.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visit visa - Is an accommodation report important?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:16 pm

Topics merged. You were already advised last year it is not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:09 pm

KM0170 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:11 pm
Hi there

I have been in touch with a lawyer who has advised me to get an accommodation report and include this as part of a visit visa application. However how necessary/important is this? It just looks like it might be a bit of a hassle/take time to get one so wonder what impact it will have if we don't include this.

Thanks
Of no impact as you were previously informed.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:41 am

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:39 am
Accommodation report is not a requirement. It can neither influence positively or negatively your visa application.
There’s a negative impact, if it’s false.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:16 am

vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:41 am
Ticktack wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:39 am
There’s a negative impact, if it’s false.
Every document has a negative impact if it's false. They automatically trigger a 10 year ban to the UK. Fake bank statements, fake jobs or letter of employment et al.

Your link was an interesting read though. Not sure why they pulled that stunt as the mother had been to the UK multiple times already. Visa would have been approved with minimal documents regardless. It was a bad judgement from the Son of the applicant.

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:11 am

Thanks for all the help so far.

I've got another question. We are having difficulties getting a marriage certificate for my mother-in-law to show she got married. Her husband passed away several years ago. We have other documents for example a family registration certificate which shows the father and mother of a particular child along with siblings. Also on my mother in laws national ID card and passport, it has a section for husband's name and this is filled in. Also, we have some of the children whose ID cards have father's name.

I'd like your thoughts on if we have enough and if a marriage certificate is needed please? We have already started the process to try and get one but am unsure how successful and how long this will take.

Please help.

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:39 am

KM0170 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:11 am

I've got another question. We are having difficulties getting a marriage certificate for my mother-in-law to show she got married. Her husband passed away several years ago. We have other documents for example a family registration certificate which shows the father and mother of a particular child along with siblings. Also on my mother in laws national ID card and passport, it has a section for husband's name and this is filled in. Also, we have some of the children whose ID cards have father's name.

I'd like your thoughts on if we have enough and if a marriage certificate is needed please? We have already started the process to try and get one but am unsure how successful and how long this will take.

Please help.

Thank you!
Marriage certificate is not needed.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:07 pm

KM0170 wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:11 am

Please help.

Thank you!
There's no need spamming them with irrelevant docs. What that creates eventually is a vortex where the significant documents are then missed.
If she was travelling with her spouse and you wanted to relate them together, then you can use marriage cert. This isn't the case at this point. Let your uploaded documents be pointing in a certain direction, or be signalling something.
Not just random documents.

She doesn't need national ID (passport is OK), birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate and any other certificate you can think of.

Money and proof of funds is always the key thing. Funds show stability and reason to always go back home. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

KM0170

Post by KM0170 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:42 am

Thank you all for your help and advice :)