ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

silkroad
Newly Registered
Nepal

Visit visa query

Post by silkroad » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:56 pm

Hello, I am applying for visit visa for my mom for 1.5 months. My husband and I are both working fulltime and have savings of over £20k to prove that we are able to fully sponsor her trip as we are the ones inviting her. Problem is she is retired and has a steady rental income of £200 pounds and combined with some cash she receives from my siblings works out roughly income of £3500 per year. I know this doesn't looks much in British currency. But its more than enough for her as she barely has to spend anything living with my brother and his family and sometimes with my sister and her family. Also, she has a house under her name to prove that she has ties back home. I have put that she spends £30 pounds per month, for her hobbies and trips. Other than that all her other expenses are borne by my brother and sister. How do I prove this. Will the home office believe that an elderly woman spends only £30 pounds per month? Her bank statement can prove that she has incoming of roughly £190 per month but outgoing of £30 per month (sometimes even less than £30). I don't want this to be the reason that her visa gets refused. Please advise how can I prove that my siblings are bearing her expenses and she saves her income for trips and treats. Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visit visa query

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:34 am

silkroad wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:56 pm
Hello, I am applying for visit visa for my mom for 1.5 months. My husband and I are both working fulltime and have savings of over £20k to prove that we are able to fully sponsor her trip as we are the ones inviting her. Problem is she is retired and has a steady rental income of £200 pounds and combined with some cash she receives from my siblings works out roughly income of £3500 per year. I know this doesn't looks much in British currency. But its more than enough for her as she barely has to spend anything living with my brother and his family and sometimes with my sister and her family. Also, she has a house under her name to prove that she has ties back home. I have put that she spends £30 pounds per month, for her hobbies and trips. Other than that all her other expenses are borne by my brother and sister. How do I prove this. Will the home office believe that an elderly woman spends only £30 pounds per month? Her bank statement can prove that she has incoming of roughly £190 per month but outgoing of £30 per month (sometimes even less than £30). I don't want this to be the reason that her visa gets refused. Please advise how can I prove that my siblings are bearing her expenses and she saves her income for trips and treats. Many thanks
There's nothing wrong with fully sponsoring your parents on a holiday. The only problem I see is that you're planning a 6 weeks holiday for her. It's a bit too much for a 1st visit. Shrink it down to 2-3 weeks.
Add all your proof of funds, 6 months payslips and bank statements and add hers as well.
Who she currently lives with doesn't matter. She's retired, so add her retirement paper as well.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!