ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Application For mother in law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sofienea
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tunisia

Visitor Visa Application For mother in law

Post by sofienea » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:09 pm

hi there
i have a question regarding a family visitor visa i wanted to invite my mother in-law for a couple of months to look after her daughter during her pregnancy. i am the sun in law and i will be her sponsor.
i am a hgv driver working through my own limited company and still haven't submitted any taxes as it is due in October. when it comes to limited companies there is little information out there. i am grateful in advance

newbie0203
India

Re: Visitor Visa Application For mother in law

Post by newbie0203 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:35 am

You need to show evidence that you have sufficient funds in your personal account if you are sponsoring her while the biggest factor is your Mother in Law's own circumstances. You could provide the invitation letter and financial statements but she would need to satisfy the ECO that she has got strong enough links to her country and she would go back at the end of her trip. Also she could come for a visit but not for work - the reason you specified seems more like a carer and a big red flag for visit visa application.