ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa application (sponsored) from US

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Visitor visa application (sponsored) from US

Post by ruzfactor » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:06 am

Hello everyone,
If my parents (Bangladeshi national) are currently in US on visitor visa, is it possible to apply for UK visitor visa from US? They could not apply from Bangladesh as the visa center is still not accepting standard visitor visa. TIA.

secret.simon

Re: Visitor visa application (sponsored) from US

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:47 am

To the best of my knowledge, the application must be made from a country where they have legal residence.

So, a visit visa will not count. But if they had a long-term residence in another country, like a US Green Card, then they can apply from that country.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.